Inexperienced Romhacker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
Before you say anything, A) I'm not pirating any games here and B) I have an HDD installed, but this game will not launch via OPL or anything. Apparently ESR is my best bet with this specific game.

I've been trying for the past few days to get the ITG2 unreleased/leaked beta to run, but have had zero success. OPL and HDLoader won't launch it, ESR won't boot it, and none of the 7 discs I've burned work (each used a different method, like ImgBurn vs. Alcohol 120%, as well as different burners at varying speeds). However, I tried a backup of another game I own (DDR Extreme) and it booted just fine through ESR using the same discs (which are Ridata DVD-R discs). Any clue how I might be able to get it to boot? I know for sure it's possible, as I've seen people launch it just fine (found some ~10 year old videos of it working too) and the game launches in an emulator just fine.

Last edited by dj505,

Chelsea_Fantasy

Someone who hates slow internet connections
Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
Before you say anything, A) I'm not pirating any games here and B) I have an HDD installed, but this game will not launch via OPL or anything. Apparently ESR is my best bet with this specific game.

I've been trying for the past few days to get the ITG2 unreleased/leaked beta to run, but have had zero success. OPL and HDLoader won't launch it, ESR won't boot it, and none of the 7 discs I've burned work (each used a different method, like ImgBurn vs. Alcohol 120%, as well as different burners at varying speeds). However, I tried a backup of another game I own (DDR Extreme) and it booted just fine through ESR using the same discs (which are Ridata DVD-R discs). Any clue how I might be able to get it to boot? I know for sure it's possible, as I've seen people launch it just fine (found some ~10 year old videos of it working too) and the game launches in an emulator just fine.
In which color the ESR stops when loading the game?
Which ESR version are you using?

Maybe the issue could also be the disc. I have some really bad experiences with RiDATA discs playing PS2 games. My recommendations are:
1-Verbatim DVD-R (the Taiwan ones)
2-Maxell DVD-R (the matte yellow ones, not the gold yellows, but that ones works fine too, the yellow matte ones are quite better in performance)
never use the Maxell DVD+R discs

If you have issues with OPL, you can set-up compatibility modes or jump to an older version. It happens to me in the past that some games just worked with OPL 8.1 and then it not worked with the latest version in that time. A general note about game loading: when trying to make some game work, sometimes you break some other game and you will never notice it until someone feedbacks you.

Also, USB compatibility, SMB compatibility and HDD compatibility are never the same, you can try to load it on every other mode. Also, there's another game launcher: PS2ESDL, it is famous for making some rare games work on USB, also it's the only loader that supports the iLink port for game loading.

I never played / or downloaded that leaked game, so I can not give you a direct "solution", but I can help you with some advises :)
If you have another question about game loading on a PS2, I can help with direct solutions in most cases since I almost tried to load over 1800 PS2 games on every way possible since HDL and USBA times...

dj505

Inexperienced Romhacker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
In which color the ESR stops when loading the game?
Which ESR version are you using?

Maybe the issue could also be the disc. I have some really bad experiences with RiDATA discs playing PS2 games. My recommendations are:
1-Verbatim DVD-R (the Taiwan ones)
2-Maxell DVD-R (the matte yellow ones, not the gold yellows, but that ones works fine too, the yellow matte ones are quite better in performance)
never use the Maxell DVD+R discs

If you have issues with OPL, you can set-up compatibility modes or jump to an older version. It happens to me in the past that some games just worked with OPL 8.1 and then it not worked with the latest version in that time. A general note about game loading: when trying to make some game work, sometimes you break some other game and you will never notice it until someone feedbacks you.

Also, USB compatibility, SMB compatibility and HDD compatibility are never the same, you can try to load it on every other mode. Also, there's another game launcher: PS2ESDL, it is famous for making some rare games work on USB, also it's the only loader that supports the iLink port for game loading.

I never played / or downloaded that leaked game, so I can not give you a direct "solution", but I can help you with some advises :)
If you have another question about game loading on a PS2, I can help with direct solutions in most cases since I almost tried to load over 1800 PS2 games on every way possible since HDL and USBA times...
It gets past all the debug colors just fine, but hangs on a black screen.
I've tried both the newest ESR release and the 0.9b(?) version.

I don't think it's the disc, as all the other backups I tried worked perfectly fine. Besides that, I haven't got any others to test with.

I might try again via USB or something using the loaders you suggested tho, it's worth a shot at this point. Thanks for the suggestions!

Reactions: Chelsea_Fantasy

Chelsea_Fantasy

Someone who hates slow internet connections
Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
It gets past all the debug colors just fine, but hangs on a black screen.
I've tried both the newest ESR release and the 0.9b(?) version.

I don't think it's the disc, as all the other backups I tried worked perfectly fine. Besides that, I haven't got any others to test with.

I might try again via USB or something using the loaders you suggested tho, it's worth a shot at this point. Thanks for the suggestions!
you're welcome :)

emmanu888

6 years and still going strong
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Once again. ITG2 is very buggy, i only got it to run once from HDLoader and frankly you'd
be better off using OpenITG on a PC if you want to play ITG on your TV. Trust me i've lost
hours trying to get the beta to run from my hard drive and it only worked one time.

dj505

Inexperienced Romhacker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
Once again. ITG2 is very buggy, i only got it to run once from HDLoader and frankly you'd
be better off using OpenITG on a PC if you want to play ITG on your TV. Trust me i've lost
hours trying to get the beta to run from my hard drive and it only worked one time.
I've taken this up as a personal challenge at this point haha. I've got OpenITG and Stepmania 5, but I think it would be pretty cool just to get this running in the first place. Plus I don't have a way of hooking up a modern laptop to a CRT TV, so there's that too

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: this is true! i learned how to make soundfont remixes from a friend back in 2021 +1