Hacking Can't extract emunand with MT-Card using Emunand Tool

vinhdt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I have a MT-Card with the latest firmware and the latest launcher.dat. I have formatted the emunand successfully and can play my backup games fine. I can also see I have the old emunand 7.0 but when I took my SD card out and put it on my computer using the Emunand Tool, I keep getting this message "...no emunand sd card detected...". I tested my other sd cards with files and movies and it detected just fine. It just the emunand that it won't detect using the MT-Card format utility and emunand.

I have another question. Since the MT-Card format utility doesn't work for me, can I use Gateway launcher.dat and copy it to my sd card instead of MT-Card and redo the emunand format and extract the emunand that way. I know I can backup only backup emunand 4.5 because Nintendo already has 8.0 and I don't want to do the emunand update. I just want a backup of my emunand 4.5.

Thanks

vinhdt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, it's the big SD card on the side. Currently it has MT-Card launcher.dat on it. But I wonder if I can use Gateway launcher instead.

Abcdfv

What comes around goes around.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, you should be able to reformat a 4.5 emunand without needing a Gateway card. That's the way it used to be, not sure if they added any more checks in 2.2.

vinhdt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm afraid it might brick my 3DS if I use the latest Gateway launcher.dat. Does anyone know it is safe to do it this way? Thanks.

vinhdt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I might have to reinstall the Gateway exploit instead of the MT-Card exploit and then copy the Gateway launcher.dat to the sd card. Is that correct or can I just keep the current MT-Card exploit and just run the Gateway launcher.dat on the sd card?

SaggyBeans

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I hear the blue r4i deluxe card (or r4i gold) is the same as the blue gateway card. I used the r4i blue card exploit before with the gateway launcher to backup my NAND a while back and it worked fine (before I owned a gateway)... not sure if format emunand works though. If the MT card is the same as the r4i blue card then it should work with the gateway launcher as well.

vinhdt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, wish me the best of luck because I still don't have the emunand backup yet and if it brick I might have to hard wire it but I think it's useless if I still don't have an emunand backup. I'm going to start over and reinstall the Gateway exploit over the MT-Card exploit and copy the Gateway launcher over the existing MT-Card launcher. I hoped this emunand extraction work without bricking on 3DS. Keeping my finger cross.

SaggyBeans

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you just have to run the gateway exploit and launcher to extract the emunand you should be fine.. I think it's when you try to format a new emunand or run gateway mode with a clone card that you run into risks.. anyway good luck and let us know if it works!

vinhdt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I think so too. I don't intend to run the games with the Gateway launcher. I'm just going to extract the emunand and reinstall the MT-Card back to normal with the MT-Card launcher.

vinhdt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It worked. Here's what I did.
1. Copy Gateway exploit to my MT-Card (blue card).
2. Install it over my MT-Card exploit.
3. Copy Gateway launcher to my big sd card.
4. Launch the exploit profile.
5. Ran the "format Emu Nand"
6. Ran the "backup system nand.
7. Took the SD card out and put it on my computer.
8. Now, the emunand tool was able to detect my sd card.
9. Extract it and save it to my hard drive.
10. Success

I'm not sure why I wasn't able to extract the nand using MT-Card exploit and launcher. And of course, I erase Gateway exploit and put back MT-Card exploit.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
You could of just picked backup NAND without formatting emunand, and you get exactly the same results without all the farting about formatting etc

Simplest steps would of been
1. Copy gateway launcher to SD
2. Launch gateway menu and select backup NAND.
3. Copy NAND.bin from the SD to your computer, copy the MT launcher back on

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Sorry to bump, but I want to inject my original 9.2 NAND into the MT Card 9.4 emunand, and the tool doesn'tt recognize my SD. I know that my NANDS are still compatible with the eShop purchases, but I have a lot an I don't want to redownload everything, it would take ages and consume a lot of my network.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte