Hacking Can't Download Rock Band 2 DLC (SM 3.1U)

L_E

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys,

Now that the Rock Band 2 music store is up, i decided to download some songs. I tried to download ...And Justice For All and i was able to purchase it, however, when i ever i try to download the song, it just quits the Music Store and tells me to contact Nintendo. This is what i get:

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/wfc/en_na...mp;locale=en_US

QUOTE said:
Error Code: 204704
Wii Shop Channel

There are appears to be a temporary problem with the Wii Shop Channel.

* The Wii Shop Channel may be temporarily down (this could include scheduled maintenance). Please wait a few hours and retry the connection again.

* Try adjusting the "Channel" your wireless router broadcasts on. We highly recommend setting your wireless router to either channel 1 or 11. This can potentially increase the download speed. For information on accessing your router's settings, click here to select the brand name and model number of your router (if available).

* If possible, move the router closer to the Wii console and try the connection again.

If you have waited several hours but are still receiving this error code when connecting to the Wii Shop Channel, please call 1-800-255-3700 so that we may assist you further.

I checked the Wii shop channel and it works, I didn't download anything, but it works, so i'm assuming it's up and able to connect to the internet. I first got this error yesterday around 6 pm. It's now the day later (12:45 pm) I'm going to assume it's not the music store being down. I checked the Rock Band forums and this forum, and other forums and i can't seem to find this problem (apart from some close to mine but having to do with EU Wii's)

I tried changing thru some of the different router channels and such, and it still doesn't work. (I tried the first 4 channels when I figured this probably isn't the problem). I moved the Wii closer to the router, and again it didn't work. (Figures)

I tried loading the game with the Gamma Loader, RB1 Laucher and the Disc Channel patcher and i still had the same problem.
I figure that I'm probably going to need to install the update on the RB2 Disc (which i think is 3.4 or 3.5, not sure) for the music store to work, but if i do that, I probably won't be able to play any backups. I also don't have my Twilight Princess disc with me so i won't be able to install the Twilight Hack assuming the disc update is to 3.4.

I really don't know what to do now, and i'd like to see if anyone else has this problem, so if anyone would like to help out, i'd appreciate it and thanks in advance.
smile.gif

L_E

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, i've updated the Shop Channel using the Shop IOS51 app, i'm still at 3.1U. I'm not using a modchip btw.

Edit (Pre Edit, hah): I Updated to 3.2U. Still can't download.

L_E

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now i've just given up. I downloaded the Photo Channel from the Shop and it works, which means that the problem is with Rock Band itself.

I have a question though, if i install the update that came on the disc, will i still be able to keep all my mods, or will i have to do the Twilight Hack again?

L_E

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think what i'm going to end up doing is going to hollywood video and renting the game or something. Or at least get my TP game back so I can install the hack when i update.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: @_@