Can't delete game from NOR?

Discussion in 'EZ-Flash' started by GmanFTW, Aug 24, 2014.

1. GmanFTW
    OP

GmanFTW Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 19, 2014
    United States
    I got my ez flash iv yesterday and it was working fine for a while, then i deleted the current game I had saved to the NOR and added Pokemon Glazed (Its a rom hack) When i got done playing I saved and turned the console off. When I checked again it now has the name SMA4MWEO. When I try to delete it by pressing select and hit a, it opens the sd card menu and when I go back its still there. I should also note that instead of having an icon of a GBA it has the folder icon. When I open it it plays pokemon glazed, but I cant delete it, which i need to do to play games like Pokemon Quartz, or Victory Fire. Can anyone help me on this?

2. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    Did you change loader/skin between writing it and trying to delete it? If so you may have gone to a version of the loader that does not work with your batch of EZ4. http://www.ezflash.cn/zip/EZ4_20140306.zip has one that should work with new models. The skin may or may not be to your taste but this is testing, we can get pretty looking stuff set up later. It sounds like this may have happened but I will carry on.

What happens when you press start? Start should be the format button where select is just delete.

Did you have more than one game on the NOR? Select is delete but it only deletes the last game on a list (it is a limitation of NOR memory, called "first in last out" aka FILO) so if you had more than one....

Are that many hacks over the 16 meg mark these days? I saw a few for a few games but pokemon largely seemed to dodge that one. It is easy to expand GBA games though so I can see people taking to it.