Hardware Can't delete files from micro sd card

DaveSwitch

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I had a problem with my switch sd card (my adapter stopped working when I was copying a file, and now I can't delete any file or format the card... I tried with another port, another adapter, another pc, but nothing changed... I tried to check with DISKPART if it was readonly blocked... but of course no so if you have an solution please tell me. (The delete option is not possible when I right click a file)

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Run a disk repair program on it and hope it can be fixed. Apparently tho when an SD card dies it can end up read-only like that. Has it been used a lot?

fragged

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Had this happen when my exFAT card got corrupted, trying to delete a 120kb file on my computer that would not install on the Switch would hardlock my laptop. FAT32 from now on for me.

Matt7402

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Had something happen to 2 of my 64gb micro sd cards. They wouldn't write or format. Called PNY (the manufacture) and they told me mine are stuck in read only mode and would need to be replaced. Thankfully they offered a lifetime replacement on my cards so they shipped me 2 new ones for free. Check with your manufacture on the warranty of it. You might be able to get it replaced for free. You should still be able to copy the data off the card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!