Can't Connect Homebrew to Wifi...

Discussion in 'NDS - Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection' started by NarutoSan, Feb 18, 2008.

Feb 18, 2008
  1. NarutoSan
    OP

Newcomer NarutoSan Newbie

Canada
    Hello all, I've been having problems connecting any homebrew online. I used to have an original NDS (Phat) and it had been able to connect Beup online and DS Live weather. But ever since I have gotten a NDS Lite I just can't seem to connect any homebrew applications online. I use WEP encryption on my router. But yeah, even if I turn that off it still doesn't work. Any suggestions??

2. euqiddis

Newcomer euqiddis Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    beup and ds liveweather have not had the dswifi li updated. try the latest version of dsorganise, it should connect.

3. lil-devil

Member lil-devil GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    what channel is your router set on?

4. Arct1c

Newcomer Arct1c Member

United States
    im having the same problem except in trying to connect to the nintendo wifi dongle

5. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    Your router must be using the following settings according to Nintendo:

WEP 64bit or 128bit with a valid key
    Channels 1, 6 or 11
    802.11B
    Public broadcasting of the SID must be set to enabled.
    Range Enhancing features should be turned off.

It is also recommended by Nintendo to change the SID of your router from the defult one. This is because the NDS connects based on the SID and two objects in the menu with the same SID can cause conflicts.

I have tested DSOrganize, Okiwi, and c|irc for WIFI and all work fine for me on both the R4 and the M3 Lite running on a NDS Lite with no firmware flashes. I have also tried DS AIM v3 and it will connect and tells me I have connected but then the "connection" screen never goes away, so the app can't be used.

As for the Nintendo USB stick, it is not homebrew compatable unless you flash the firmware to make it *act* like a router and not simply a packet forwarding device. You can easily find more information on how to do this using Google.

Goodluck,
    -AW