Question Can't bypass "a system update is required in order to play software" anymore, any help?

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by Tomakage, Jul 22, 2019.

1. Tomakage
    OP

Tomakage Member

Newcomer
    Nov 25, 2018
    United Kingdom
    I was able to do this with tinfoil but then I updated one of my games and it just failed to open. So I deleted the game and every time I try to reinstall it even whilst using tinfoil it still gives me the update message when trying to open it.

I have the game physically too but it doesn't seem to matter, problem still persists.

Any reason behind this?

Is there any thing I'll be missing out on if I do just update my system?

Thanks

2. Kubas_inko

Kubas_inko "Something funny goes here."

Feb 3, 2017
    Czech Republic
    I gues on earth.
    Boot to maintenance mode (vol up and down on boot) and then reboot back. Or just update (idk what FW are you on).

3. Zumoly

Zumoly GBATemp Analyst

Apr 27, 2018
    Mali
    Yorosso
    It means you're on lower fw than the game or update you installed.
    Try ignore fw when installing.

4. RHOPKINS13

RHOPKINS13 Geek

Jan 31, 2009
    United States
    More details are needed. What CFW are you using? Are you using emuNAND? What firmware are you on?

If you're on an unpatched switch and update your sysNAND to the latest version, you'll burn fuses and potentially miss out on a future exploit that would negate the need for a RCM jig or payload dongle. Depending on your situation, this might not matter to you.

If you're on an ipatched system, updating your system will stop you from using any currently-known exploits, and you might never be able to run homebrew or CFW in the future.

With emuNAND you can upgrade your emuNAND to the latest system version while leaving your sysNAND on a lower version, which will also prevent you from burning fuses.

Double-check the message, it could be that you don't need a system firmware update, but that the game itself requires an update and refuses to start without it. I've run into that situation multiple times.

Tomakage likes this.
  5. Tomakage
    OP

Tomakage Member

Newcomer
    Nov 25, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Thank you! Was exactly this, just needed to update the actual game.

RHOPKINS13 likes this.
  6. chippy

chippy GBAtemp Regular

Dec 21, 2017
    Australia
    If you update a game and uninstall it. When you re install it you need the update you used or it will give you this error
    Anyone who wants to play unpatched needs to use dev menu to reset the games version number

7. foxgre

foxgre Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 10, 2016
    Greece
    I had the same problem with you for months and couldn't find a solution untill yesterday. All you have to do is to get dev menu definitive edition, install it via Goldleaf, open it, select your cartridge game and select ResetRequiredVersion option. You're done.

Last edited by Joe88, Oct 15, 2019 - Reason: Please do not offer to send warez through pm
  8. grcd

grcd Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 14, 2009
    'Definitiv Edition' Can you provide a link? I thought DevMenu was not recommended to be used anymore?

9. foxgre

foxgre Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 10, 2016
    Greece
    Just search for DevMenu 6.x Definitive edition.
    You will have no problem using it. It is .nsp file and you can add it or remove it with GoldLeaf

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted