slayer080

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ok i have a prob im hoping someone can help me out, ive got the ssbb iso on my laptop and my laptop hasnt got a burner so i use my mates pc, the biggest portable device i have to transfer files is a 4gb memcard in psp, the iso is bigger than 4gb so i was thinking how the hell am i gonna get this iso onto my mates pc, i found hjsplit and started using that but when i try putting the file on the psp i get cyclic redundancy check so it wont copy,also i would like to know if there is a way i can compress the iso in winrar or something so i can fit it on 4gb without splitting the files. all other files work there is nothing wrong with the files or the memcard trust me so dont try say its the files or memcard

MrBooMY

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use WinRAR to spilt the file up into 2 pieces, and you'll be golden. Splitting is an option in the compression box. If I have to explain it, then you really need to find a new profession.

2wirends

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
quickest way i know how is...

get the memory stick - format it on your PSP (or PC) doesnt matter

and try again...

slayer080

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
actually just thinking is there anyway to do it wirelessly i have a router and he has a wifi thing that can pick up wireless(forgot what its called)

Seraph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If both computers are running Windows/XP run the Setup a home or small network Wizard.

And if your split Winrar files aren't copying over you might be doing something wrong.
Right click, add to archive, put in a size for split archive, all boxes should be unchecked, and ok.

Seraph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Vista has it too, although I think it was a bit more complicated when I set it up but still simple. You make existing or a new folder "shared". You add the location of the shared folder manually or it may appear automatically? I think you also need to turn on some things in the Network and Sharing Center in Vista.

The Wizards are pretty straight forward. My explanation seems not so good. And it's most likely your mem stick. Just google the error you were getting and look at what shows up first.

kenshiro84

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Did you check the format of your memcard?

coz some format cannot hundle big files, and try to split files into small parts too!!
wink.gif

slayer080

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ok could u help me out with setting up home network, do i need internet to transfer files wirelessly to my mates pc coz if so then it cant be done coz he has no internet at his yard

mekaone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you know anyone with a USB backup HDD? If not, get a cheep one and when you are done with it, use it for backup of your computer or extra storage. I have seen laptop backup drives at Tigerdirect.com and newegg.com for around $50 or $60 dollars. Just a thought.

Tweaked

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
lol i dont see why this is difficult
tongue.gif

You are going to need to have the Laptop with the files in the same room as the computer (or the router i mean) Take an rj45 cable (standard InTROWeBZ cord)

Insert the cable between the laptop and the router.

Select the folder holding the files on it and share it, do this by opening it, and there should be an option to share it on the left.

Now switch to the laptop running vista, and try and find a way to view your network, go to the new start dealy thing and choose network (sorry, laptop is step dads and cant go conform right now, gar i hate vista)

You should see the folder your trying to get at, you can burn on his computer from that destination (i hope, havent been able to check my discs as my wiis not modded yet) or just copy it to your laptop.

sorry if i rambed, im pretty baked

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Traps