Hacking Can't boot into RCM?

AKogayne

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like the title says, I am 100% unable to boot into RCM and I have no idea why. I've already made sure my switch is hackable, I have a jig I bought, and I've followed the steps I've seen but it's still not working. I put the jig in the right hand side, hold down the volume up button, press the power button, and keep holding the volume button but it just boots normally every time. I'm on firmware 9.0.1 if that helps and I'm trying to run in Windows, but I was wondering if there's something I'm missing here?

bad361

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Like the title says, I am 100% unable to boot into RCM and I have no idea why. I've already made sure my switch is hackable, I have a jig I bought, and I've followed the steps I've seen but it's still not working. I put the jig in the right hand side, hold down the volume up button, press the power button, and keep holding the volume button but it just boots normally every time. I'm on firmware 9.0.1 if that helps and I'm trying to run in Windows, but I was wondering if there's something I'm missing here?
Try another jig. If you are doing everything right, there's no reason for your switch not to go into rcm... So, if it boots normally every time, that means you are not bridging the pins correctly (either a bad jig which can happen or maybe something wrong with rail pins which is not very common).

Last edited by bad361,

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
From most likely to least likely

You have to power the switch off first.
Make sure you are using the correct volume button.
It could be a bad JIG.
It could be something wrong with your switch.

The version of the firmware on the switch, whether the switch is patched or not & the OS you are going to launch the payload from are all irrelevant. You should always be able to get into RCM mode.

Bugvey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As above really.

Power off the Switch, plug the usb c cable into the Switch only.
Put the Jig in the right side of the Switch.
Make sure you're running the payload injector program (I have TegraRCM) on your PC.
Hold Volume Up on the Switch and plug the other end of the USB C cable into your PC.
It should enter RCM mode and be detected by Tegra.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    T @ to0fresh: does anyone have a ezflash and can help