Homebrew Can´t boot into Luma after 11.3

Loe7

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So I had a 32GB card at the moment. So I can use a 64GB card now keep the Folder and I still have all the games and stuff? Just a bit paranoid because my MH saves are in there and I realy dont wanna loose them lol.

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I had a 32GB card at the moment. So I can use a 64GB card now keep the Folder and I still have all the games and stuff? Just a bit paranoid because my MH saves are in there and I realy dont wanna loose them lol.
Yes, just copy entire SD card contents over to the 64GB SD card. As long as it's used in the same console you'll be fine.

Loe7

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yes, just copy entire SD card contents over to the 64GB SD card. As long as it's used in the same console you'll be fine.

Uhm, so everything except of menuhax? Because like you said it got patched?
ac454273180f4e49bbe8a195eda9541a.png

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Back up everything from your sd card to a pc, do both sys+emunand backups/dumps, then follow the a9lh guide. You'll need to flash your old emunand to your sysnand after it's all set up (unless you plan on continuing to use an emunand).
There's not much point in copying everything to a new card, as the guide will have you format your SD at some point.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Uhm how can I do that? :blush:
To disable the bootloader, you just need to replace the "boot.3dsx" with the one provided through Luma3DS.
But it appears everyone has convinced you switch the A9LH, which is both good and bad. Good because Menuhax is old and no longer recommended. Bad because it was just a crap ton of noobs who have no idea how to actually help anymore beyond throwing the Guide at everyone.
Still, I really suggest reading through the Guide at least once so you know what you are getting into. 90% of the questions you could ask are actually covered in the guide, you just need to read ahead to ensure you are ready.

Uhm ok but, can I keep the "Nintendo3ds"Folder where all my games and saves are in?
You can actually keep using your current emuNAND with A9LH and any other CFW. Although it's more suggested to use hourglass9 to flash your emuNAND to your sysNAND. It not only allows you to save more space by not keeping the emuNAND. But you also won't need to install your DSi/GBA games twice.

The hell is that menu? And why haven't I seen it before?
The menu is called CtrBootManager. I am rather shocked you haven't heard of it, it used to be the most commonly used bootloader before CFWs added payload loaders.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
I'm pretty sure you have no other choice. 11.3 patched MenuHax so your current setup is now obsolete, which leaves you with following the https://3ds.guide as you've been suggested. Following that will get you to Luma3DS v6.6 which will enable you to boot again.
Actually, that is not what 11.3 did.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

To disable the bootloader, you just need to replace the "boot.3dsx" with the one provided through Luma3DS.
But it appears everyone has convinced you switch the A9LH, which is both good and bad. Good because Menuhax is old and no longer recommended. Bad because it was just a crap ton of noobs who have no idea how to actually help anymore beyond throwing the Guide at everyone.
Still, I really suggest reading through the Guide at least once so you know what you are getting into. 90% of the questions you could ask are actually covered in the guide, you just need to read ahead to ensure you are ready.

You can actually keep using your current emuNAND with A9LH and any other CFW. Although it's more suggested to use hourglass9 to flash your emuNAND to your sysNAND. It not only allows you to save more space by not keeping the emuNAND. But you also won't need to install your DSi/GBA games twice.

The menu is called CtrBootManager. I am rather shocked you haven't heard of it, it used to be the most commonly used bootloader before CFWs added payload loaders.
Hey, I also suggested the switch to A9LH :( u calling me a noob icri

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Hey, I also suggested the switch to A9LH :( u calling me a noob icri
You suggested, thus giving the option to continue using/fixing the OP's issue. That's not being a noob, that's just be suggestive.

Reactions: gnmmarechal

Loe7

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

So I changed it but it still goes into freeze mode

So, I go with the new guide or not? lol

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Unless you have an <11.3 emunand backup that you can restore, I can't think of any other alternatives than to follow the a9lh guide.
...but like Crystal said, read through it first to familiarize yourself with the procedure. And while reading through it, I'd advise downloading the required files.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
So I changed it but it still goes into freeze mode

If you are already set on going with A9LH instead of your current setup, go with the new guide 3ds.guide. If you want to keep your current setup, just download the latest Luma3DS and replace the file mentioned in my previous post and also copy over the "arm9loaderhax.bin." you will also have to delete the configuration file in the "luma" folder, since there's been a lot of changes done to Luma.

Loe7

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If you are already set on going with A9LH instead of your current setup, go with the new guide 3ds.guide. If you want to keep your current setup, just download the latest Luma3DS and replace the file mentioned in my previous post and also copy over the "arm9loaderhax.bin." you will also have to delete the configuration file in the "luma" folder, since there's been a lot of changes done to Luma.

Ok now i get this litte "menu" here:

f300a21c97ed45c48baa98948d155771.png

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
So the Launcher.dat is also from Luma?
That's from gateway3DS
My last bit of suggestion is just follow the 3ds.guide and get yourself A9LH. The guide has far more details than I could ever provide. There's only so much knowledge I have left from the old menuhax days

Loe7

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
That's from gateway3DS
My last bit of suggestion is just follow the 3ds.guide and get yourself A9LH. The guide has far more details than I could ever provide. There's only so much knowledge I have left from the old menuhax days

The problem is that I don't even have an luma launcher.. and I really wanna keep my settings since I have them now for over 5 Months

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: though if it s important to go online for a game I would much rather buy it