Hacking Can't boot as GodeMode9... Want to restart

KurotsukiiKyoru

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello, i tried to install arm9+luma on a 4.5 o3ds but the Browser didn't work.
So I updated my 3ds with cartbridge to 9.8 then the browser works, i could do anything, even downgrade, but when I tried to restore the sysnand (?) with GodMode9 i could not boot it (i pressed start after power on). i go the start_godemode9 in payload folder too.

So, anyway i tried many things such as boot GodMode9 from CTR but nothing, then i updated again to (9.8.0-4) and now i cant even oper the Homebrew.

My question is, if i format the system i could restart over? If not, theres any way to restart? (i've already installed arm9)

(i'v followed the 3ds.guide)

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hello, i tried to install arm9+luma on a 4.5 o3ds but the Browser didn't work.
So I updated my 3ds with cartbridge to 9.8 then the browser works, i could do anything, even downgrade, but when I tried to restore the sysnand (?) with GodMode9 i could not boot it (i pressed start after power on). i go the start_godemode9 in payload folder too.

So, anyway i tried many things such as boot GodMode9 from CTR but nothing, then i updated again to (9.8.0-4) and now i cant even oper the Homebrew.

My question is, if i format the system i could restart over? If not, theres any way to restart? (i've already installed arm9)

(i'v followed the 3ds.guide)
Did you restore a backup from before or after you installed A9LH? If before, then you no longer have A9LH, as GodMode9 doesn't have a "Keep A9LH" option. You should always use Hourglass9 to restore sysNAND unless you specifically want to wipe A9LH for some reason.

Wryyyong

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Did you restore a backup from before or after you installed A9LH? If before, then you no longer have A9LH, as GodMode9 doesn't have a "Keep A9LH" option. You should always use Hourglass9 to restore sysNAND unless you specifically want to wipe A9LH for some reason.
False. The only option when restoring the NAND on GM9 is "Restore SysNAND (safe)" which keeps your A9LH installation.

Reactions: CrispyCola

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Well, i doubt it, i've make through Section III of this guide: https://3ds.guide/installing-arm9loaderhax
I think i didn't do any system restore.
Tried to use hourglass but with no sucess, it's the same as gm9? Just put the .bin on payload folder?

EDIT: WHAT WOULD HAPPEN IF I FORMAT MY 3DS?
Don't go randomly troubleshooting the dark, that's how 90% of bricks happen. Reformatting your 3DS will not help you in this situation.
It looks like you are skipping steps and that's seriously not ok. What have you done thus far?
Also are you using the nightly or stable version of Luma3DS? This makes a big difference because the stable still uses the only payload method. Nightly added a menu, so you don't need to rename the payloads.
Please refer to my Troubleshooting guide
http://gbatemp.net/threads/you-dont-need-to-remove-a9lh-the-guide-to-proper-troubleshooting.456683/
This will give you the steps to either help troubleshoot or provide us with the proper amount of information to help us, help you.

Last edited by The Catboy,

KurotsukiiKyoru

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
i followed the 3ds.guide at first.

• Was 4.5 then my browser won't load anything, like im offline
  • Updated to 9.8 by cartbridge then the browser works
  • Used soundhax to downgrade it to 2.1
  • Install luma and a9lh and configure it (select + power)
  • When i tried to boot as godmode9 nothing happens, i tried many things even boot with hourglass but nothing...
  • Tried to open CTRTransfer to boot as godmode but my version was 2.1, then i updated again with cartbridge
  • now my version is 9.8.0-4< and i can't do anything iv done before, there no payload for lower than x.x.x-7 :(

EDIT: I still got the nand and otp backup

Last edited by KurotsukiiKyoru,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
i followed the 3ds.guide at first.

• Was 4.5 then my browser won't load anything, like im offline
  • Updated to 9.8 by cartbridge then the browser works
  • Used soundhax to downgrade it to 2.1
  • Install luma and a9lh and configure it (select + power)
  • When i tried to boot as godmode9 nothing happens, i tried many things even boot with hourglass but nothing...
  • Tried to open CTRTransfer to boot as godmode but my version was 2.1, then i updated again with cartbridge
  • now my version is 9.8.0-4< and i can't do anything iv done before, there no payload for lower than x.x.x-7 :(

EDIT: I still got the nand and otp backup

When you hold Select on boot do you get the Luma menu?

KurotsukiiKyoru

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
well, nevermind i think i bricked my 3ds :P
Tried to re-do the SafeCTRtransfer and when i switch the .bin and .sha files it didnt turn it on anymore

Now it has a black screen and the blue light is on

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: and normal grapes