Homebrew Can't access old eShop with Browserhax?

HLH

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My firmware version is 10.2, and I'm using the newest starter kit. When accessing the old eShop to get Ironhax, it stays on the loading screen with that smiling shopping bag. It's been like this for 10 minutes.

HLH

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's ok, I'm here to help. So did you put the ENTIRE starter pack with everything in it onto your SD Card?

Yeah, pretty sure. Though, I did have Tubehax on there before. Let me turn off my 3DS and paste everything again.

GalladeGuy

Cool and Epic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, pretty sure. Though, I did have Tubehax on there before. Let me turn off my 3DS and paste everything again.
Delete the old 3ds folder and boot.3dsx from your SD before doing so first. Just to make sure you aren't missing anything.

HLH

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Delete the old 3ds folder and boot.3dsx from your SD before doing so first. Just to make sure you aren't missing anything.

I copied and replaced boot, and merged 3ds. I can't be arsed to delete the 3ds folder, I have some stuff I'd rather not re-download. I'm re-launching browserhax currently. I'm now in the old eShop, I'll give it a minute to load and then I'll see if it works.

EDIT: Still waiting after a minute. I'm confident I copy-pasted every file this time.

Last edited by HLH,

Harps

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I had the issue also, what solved it for me was launching the eshop from the actual menu of the 3ds, then, once that was done, booting back into the hbl and launching the old eshop from there. I don't know if it works for everyone but it did for me.

HLH

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had the issue also, what solved it for me was launching the eshop from the actual menu of the 3ds, then, once that was done, booting back into the hbl and launching the old eshop from there. I don't know if it works for everyone but it did for me.

Thanks, I'll try it and get back to you if it works.

EDIT: I need to update to 10.3 for it, do I need to get into the actual shop or can I launch and exit for it to be fixed?

Last edited by HLH,

GalladeGuy

Cool and Epic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, I'll try it and get back to you if it works.

EDIT: I need to update to 10.3 for it, do I need to get into the actual shop or can I launch and exit for it to be fixed?
Just launch it from the homebrew launcher. (The one with a big "I" on the icon)

GalladeGuy

Cool and Epic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It still hasn't launched. I know the eShop takes a long time to launch, but never this long.
Are you on 10.3? If you're not, you should just update. There really isn't any reason to be on a lower firmware anymore unless you are on 9.2 or below, which you aren't.

HLH

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you on 10.3? If you're not, you should just update. There really isn't any reason to be on a lower firmware anymore unless you are on 9.2 or below, which you aren't.

Won't it take longer for 10.3 to get piracy or something?

Red9419

Trophies
XP
Country
It still hasn't launched. I know the eShop takes a long time to launch, but never this long.
Install MenuHax via Browserhax. Launch Menuhax by powering down your 3ds and holding L while booting. You shouls be able to launch it now

GalladeGuy

Cool and Epic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Won't it take longer for 10.3 to get piracy or something?
Didn't you say you were on 10.2? Almost nothing has changed between the two updates. At this point, it looks like we might be having a new kernel exploit for ALL firmwares coming soon anyways.

HLH

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Didn't you say you were on 10.2? Almost nothing has changed between the two updates. At this point, it looks like we might be having a new kernel exploit for ALL firmwares coming soon anyways.

Then I'll update, I guess. Hopefully this'll make it work now.

EDIT: Still doesn't work. I'm starting to get aggravated, especially since knowing Nintendo, browserhax will be patched within the next week.

Last edited by HLH,

GalladeGuy

Cool and Epic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then I'll update, I guess. Hopefully this'll make it work now.

EDIT: Still doesn't work. I'm starting to get aggravated, especially since knowing Nintendo, browserhax will be patched within the next week.
Sorry, I really don't know what to tell you. If you have OOT or you're willing to buy it, you can install OOThax for a more permanent exploit.

HLH

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, I really don't know what to tell you. If you have OOT or you're willing to buy it, you can install OOThax for a more permanent exploit.

I fixed it! I did what Red2 said and launched from Menuhax. Though, now I can't figure out how to install Ironhax.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: Chuck your brain out the window, it's useless, use your head instead