ROM Hack Cannot Load USM-eM [Smash 4 Melee Mod]

goldensun87

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I followed all the instructions, except I am using the latest hourly build of Luma. Is that what I am doing wrong? Is the stable version required to run this mod?

goldensun87

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pressed Y to select SaltySD. Which confirms that the three codes are in /luma/code_sections. As for the mod folder, I extracted the 'USM-eM' folder to the SaltySD folder. Made sure to select Slot 1, but, the 'USM-eM - Alpha 4' description does not show on the Smash-Selector menu.

Toady231

Intellectual saviour of the masses
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Pressed Y to select SaltySD. Which confirms that the three codes are in /luma/code_sections. As for the mod folder, I extracted the 'USM-eM' folder to the SaltySD folder. Made sure to select Slot 1, but, the 'USM-eM - Alpha 4' description does not show on the Smash-Selector menu.
On Luma settings have you pressed allow patching and click save.

goldensun87

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try updating the SaltySD sd to the new build or if it is the new build use the older build. And are you using a n3ds or o3ds??
Cos o3ds can't use extra ram mods such as smash 4 mods.
I'm using N3DS. Is there a SaltySD cia that I need to install? That might be what I'm missing, because the USM-eM install guide does not mention this, maybe it assumes that I already have this installed.

Yudowat

That one guy that shows up occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Try updating the SaltySD sd to the new build or if it is the new build use the older build. And are you using a n3ds or o3ds??
Cos o3ds can't use extra ram mods such as smash 4 mods.
O3DS can run Smash mods.
I'm using N3DS. Is there a SaltySD cia that I need to install? That might be what I'm missing, because the USM-eM install guide does not mention this, maybe it assumes that I already have this installed.
You do not need to install a SaltySD CIA. To get some more help with this, please join our discord server, we'd be happy to help you get setup :D

goldensun87

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, I finally got it. The main site forgot to include the fact that the mod files have to be in a folder named "smash". However, I have another problem now. I deleted all the mod files and codes from my MicroSD, but my Super Smash Bros cartridge is suffering long load times. I think it is caused by the 328 MB SaltySD cia I installed. Problem is, it is technically not 'software' or 'extra data' or 'downloadable content', so I have to find the installed cia by navigating the SD card. Can anyone guide me to the folder where these files were installed? P.S.: I think the 328 MB cia includes texture mods and audio mods, hope that helps. In the meantime, I'll try to find the files myself.

Edit: So, I found the folder with the 328 MB data and deleted it on Windows. However, that SaltySD mod had apparently replaced my vanilla 1.1.6 update data. And since I am still on 11.2, I am not able to reinstall the update legitimately. Thankfully, I had found a forum that posts CIAs of game updates and DLCs, and was able to reinstall the update without updating my system firmware. Sure enough, the modded version of the update data was causing the loading lag, and I am once again lag free. Now, I can reinstall the USM-eM files without having to worry about any negative effects on the vanilla game.

On another note, this is why I want Nintendo games released on PC and smartphones/tablets. On Windows and Android, we don't have to go through the hassle of "jailbreaking" a proprietary closed-source device.

Last edited by goldensun87,

Yudowat

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Actually, I finally got it. The main site forgot to include the fact that the mod files have to be in a folder named "smash". However, I have another problem now. I deleted all the mod files and codes from my MicroSD, but my Super Smash Bros cartridge is suffering long load times. I think it is caused by the 328 MB SaltySD cia I installed. Problem is, it is technically not 'software' or 'extra data' or 'downloadable content', so I have to find the installed cia by navigating the SD card. Can anyone guide me to the folder where these files were installed? P.S.: I think the 328 MB cia includes texture mods and audio mods, hope that helps. In the meantime, I'll try to find the files myself.

Edit: So, I found the folder with the 328 MB data and deleted it on Windows. However, that SaltySD mod had apparently replaced my vanilla 1.1.6 update data. And since I am still on 11.2, I am not able to reinstall the update legitimately. Thankfully, I had found a forum that posts CIAs of game updates and DLCs, and was able to reinstall the update without updating my system firmware. Sure enough, the modded version of the update data was causing the loading lag, and I am once again lag free. Now, I can reinstall the USM-eM files without having to worry about any negative effects on the vanilla game.

On another note, this is why I want Nintendo games released on PC and smartphones/tablets. On Windows and Android, we don't have to go through the hassle of "jailbreaking" a proprietary closed-source device.
The instructions were updated recently for the release of Alpha 4, and i swear I mentioned to rename the USM-eM folder to smash. anyway, you are meant to delete installed cias and things with FBI, i'd personally try to avoid deleting installed stuff with windows. But I'm glad you finally got everything working, please enjoy the game! If you'd like to find some other people to play against, we have a dedicated matchmaking channel on our discord server here: https://discord.gg/9zzpnrc

Reactions: goldensun87

goldensun87

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The instructions were updated recently for the release of Alpha 4, and i swear I mentioned to rename the USM-eM folder to smash. anyway, you are meant to delete installed cias and things with FBI, i'd personally try to avoid deleting installed stuff with windows. But I'm glad you finally got everything working, please enjoy the game! If you'd like to find some other people to play against, we have a dedicated matchmaking channel on our discord server here: https://discord.gg/9zzpnrc
Heh, yeah, I haven't looked at the install instructions on the site since. I had found the solution on the Reddit thread. Also, are you going to work on making the Wii U version mod persistent?

Yudowat

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Heh, yeah, I haven't looked at the install instructions on the site since. I had found the solution on the Reddit thread. Also, are you going to work on making the Wii U version mod persistent?
On Wii U, currently mods are loaded a very different way compared to 3DS and we aren't currently looking to change that. Loading SDCafiine isn't that much of a struggle and can be done without wifi from the homebrew channel. However, while we aren't working on making it persistent, we are working on another way to load your mods from Wii U, stay tuned!

Reactions: goldensun87

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...