funnystory

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can install fbi and other cias on my sysnand once im on CFW but on my emunand FBI wont give me permission. Does anyone know whats going on?

Ziefer846

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thought you called it quits? What error message is it giving you? Take a screenshot and post it here.

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Did you read the guide properly, wurstpistols guide specifically states.

Install FBI as a CIA to sysnand, backup SD card, make emunand, Copy Contents Back, Run Rxtools

You should then have a Copy of FBI already in the emunand as an App on homemneu
Cias will fail to install if you are trying through the homebrew loader on emunand they have to be run from the cia version

If you didnt do this you have to format and remake emunand

Also you already have the Cia version installed on emunand. You can try making the Import and title.db again like you did originally in the guide

Reactions: CrispyYoshi

funnystory

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thought you called it quits? What error message is it giving you? Take a screenshot and post it here.

lol i did but i had a nag that made me want to keep at it lol.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Im trying to inject it to emunand health and safety screen but it is not letting me. Ive tried booting into emunand and then into browserexploit to get into fbi launcher from there. What else can I do lol.

Ziefer846

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol i did but i had a nag that made me want to keep at it lol.

Im trying to inject it to emunand health and safety screen but it is not letting me. Ive tried booting into emunand and then into browserexploit to get into fbi launcher from there. What else can I do lol.

How about you post a picture of the error screen/message? We can't help you if we don't know what the problem is.

funnystory

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How about you post a picture of the error screen/message? We can't help you if we don't know what the problem is.

The problem is my only entry point is browserhax and homenuhax so I have to cope with unsuccessful 50% bootrates. Also I have to run CFW then load HBL again to click FBI installer. I need to find a way to either inject the health and safety screen on my emunand or to clone my sysnand over to emunand but the program never successfully clones my sysnand to emunand. I don't know if I need to run HBL under a patched syscheck to use EMUnand tool properly.Somehow I have fbi working on sysnand on sdcard install but I cannot for the life of me install it on emunand no matter what I try.Extremely frustrating to say the least.

PaolaScorpio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I can install fbi and other cias on my sysnand once im on CFW but on my emunand FBI wont give me permission. Does anyone know whats going on?
What's your emunand firmware? Yesterday I couldn't install FBI on emuNAND either, and when I managed to install it I couldn't install any cias with it. Then I found out that FBI doesn't work on firmwares below 9.2. Once I got to update it (which should take 15~20min for a regular person, but took me like 5 hours), FBI was correctly injected and worked like a charm.

Ziefer846

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The problem is my only entry point is browserhax and homenuhax so I have to cope with unsuccessful 50% bootrates. Also I have to run CFW then load HBL again to click FBI installer. I need to find a way to either inject the health and safety screen on my emunand or to clone my sysnand over to emunand but the program never successfully clones my sysnand to emunand. I don't know if I need to run HBL under a patched syscheck to use EMUnand tool properly.Somehow I have fbi working on sysnand on sdcard install but I cannot for the life of me install it on emunand no matter what I try.Extremely frustrating to say the least.

Do you have the correct injection files on your SD card?

What's your emunand firmware? Yesterday I couldn't install FBI on emuNAND either, and when I managed to install it I couldn't install any cias with it. Then I found out that FBI doesn't work on firmwares below 9.2. Once I got to update it (which should take 15~20min for a regular person, but took me like 5 hours), FBI was correctly injected and worked like a charm.

That's not true, I've run FBI from 4.5 sysNAND.

funnystory

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you read the guide properly, wurstpistols guide specifically states.

Install FBI as a CIA to sysnand, backup SD card, make emunand, Copy Contents Back, Run Rxtools

You should then have a Copy of FBI already in the emunand as an App on homemneu
Cias will fail to install if you are trying through the homebrew loader on emunand they have to be run from the cia version

If you didnt do this you have to format and remake emunand

Also you already have the Cia version installed on emunand. You can try making the Import and title.db again like you did originally in the guide

I installed FBI to sysnand how you said and I am in the process of cloning sysnand to emunand,however installing FBI to nand didn't make it appear on my icons only installing it to sd did.

PaolaScorpio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Do you have the correct injection files on your SD card?

That's not true, I've run FBI from 4.5 sysNAND.
I'm sorry. I had so many problems yesterday that I got confused. The firmware was linked to another problem, which I can't remember now. But I remember this one.
I had some database error that prevented me from using FBI. Once I opened (and closed) eShop and tried again, the error was gone. Now I have a fully operative FBI.

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I installed FBI to sysnand how you said and I am in the process of cloning sysnand to emunand,however installing FBI to nand didn't make it appear on my icons only installing it to sd did.
well obviously you install it to SD card when i mean sysnand i didnt say Nand i said Sysnand as in your original untouched firmware.

Then you create emunand and it copies it over with the rest of you installed apps/games

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Of course it does. I've got 9.0 and it works like a charm.

funnystory

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well obviously you install it to SD card when i mean sysnand i didnt say Nand i said Sysnand as in your original untouched firmware.

Then you create emunand and it copies it over with the rest of you installed apps/games

i installed it to SDcard the first time and you told me to install to nand SMH dude. You just made me waste my time and reformat my 3ds.Work on your english before giving such sensitive advice.I already told you I installed to sysnand and you said INSTALL TO NAND you moron

Last edited by funnystory,

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
He said install it to Sysnand.

Sysnand is not the same as NAND as destination in FBI. People seem to have a very hard time understanding that.

Sysnand is barely referring to your "native" system firmware and not the emulated one, which would be Emunand.

Reactions: izy

Ziefer846

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i installed it to SDcard the first time and you told me to install to nand SMH dude. You just made me waste my time and reformat my 3ds.Work on your english before giving such sensitive advice.I already told you I installed to sysnand and you said INSTALL TO NAND you moron

Chill out dude. He's just trying to help. His explanation was fine, it was you that fucked it up. Good luck getting help with that kind of attitude.

Reactions: Quantumcat

funnystory

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i installed it to SDcard the first time and you told me to install to nand SMH dude. You just made me waste my time and reformat my 3ds
He said install it to Sysnand.

Sysnand is not the same as NAND as destination in FBI. People seem to have a very hard time understanding that.

Sysnand is barely referring to your "native" system firmware and not the emulated one, which would be Emunand.

he edited the post

OTSS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I followed the guide in wurstpistole's signature. I followed it 100% and used the menuhax for booting. Worked flawless and very easy for me to follow. I did a fresh format of my sdcard to fat32 when I started. Now any cia i install works no problem

Reactions: izy

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
he edited the post

You do realise that if people edit posts it says edited
Look see heres an Edit seee the small text on post that says *edited*

aka Learn to read the guide in the first place and stop being an illiterate pleb.

If you had read ANY of the top 6 guides they all state on how to install FBI as a CIA

and they all use the terminology Sysnand and Emunand

if i wanted you to install to Nand i would have said

Run FBI in sysnand in Homebrew Launcher and install to Nand by hitting the L trigger

TL;DR my posts are not edited site proves it you just put your head up your own arse

Maybe next time reformat your brain and save us the trouble of actually trying to help you

Last edited by izy,
Reactions: Ziefer846

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    The cream cheese flavoring in the bagel cups scares me
    Did you try the breakfast one they make?
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    A good salmon Poké bowl with some cream cheese is decadent
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's really not bad you just think of cold cream cheese
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    being lactose intolerant is a sin
    I dont like cream cheese. Thats why. Haha. The breakfast noodle cup sounds fantastic though.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I beat grilled cream cheese would be top notch
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    @ZeroT21 tons of ingredients contains lactose more or less sadly. Makes them tummy aches and farts-o-lantern rocket launches
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My only gripe too many poppy seeds a cop may taze me
    "Start your day with Cup Noodles Breakfast! This limited time flavor blends ramen with your favorite breakfast flavors, including pancakes, maple syrup, sausage, and eggs."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If our Walmart has them yours probably does
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I came to like french Camembert
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    People get way too self conscious about ingredients
    Grilled peanut butter sandwiches with banana, bacon, and marshmallow cream. YUM!!!!
    one of my favorites
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Okay elvis
    fuck elvis. lol :P
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My type c cable is starting to die guess I better order one from my desk
    sounds like something Ween would play
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    And here I thought I was the only one that buy cables in bulk
    Nope. Theres two of you! Haha
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They're so cheap now why not
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I like the L angle connectors which add more force to it I guess which defeats the point
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I like the L angle connectors which add more force to it I guess which defeats the point