Cannot install Cias to emunand

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by funnystory, Jan 8, 2016.

1. funnystory
    OP

funnystory Banned

Banned
    Sep 20, 2008
    United States
    I can install fbi and other cias on my sysnand once im on CFW but on my emunand FBI wont give me permission. Does anyone know whats going on?

2. Ziefer846

Ziefer846 GBAtemp Fan

Jun 22, 2015
    United States
    Thought you called it quits? What error message is it giving you? Take a screenshot and post it here.

3. squee666

squee666 Advanced Tech Pleb

Sep 17, 2010
    Belfast
    Did you read the guide properly, wurstpistols guide specifically states.

Install FBI as a CIA to sysnand, backup SD card, make emunand, Copy Contents Back, Run Rxtools

You should then have a Copy of FBI already in the emunand as an App on homemneu
    Cias will fail to install if you are trying through the homebrew loader on emunand they have to be run from the cia version

If you didnt do this you have to format and remake emunand

Also you already have the Cia version installed on emunand. You can try making the Import and title.db again like you did originally in the guide

CrispyYoshi likes this.
  4. Ssssuper

Ssssuper Member

Newcomer
    Jan 7, 2016
    Belgium
    What does the error say?

5. funnystory
    OP

funnystory Banned

Banned
    Sep 20, 2008
    United States
    lol i did but i had a nag that made me want to keep at it lol.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Im trying to inject it to emunand health and safety screen but it is not letting me. Ive tried booting into emunand and then into browserexploit to get into fbi launcher from there. What else can I do lol.

6. Ziefer846

Ziefer846 GBAtemp Fan

Jun 22, 2015
    United States
    How about you post a picture of the error screen/message? We can't help you if we don't know what the problem is.

7. funnystory
    OP

funnystory Banned

Banned
    Sep 20, 2008
    United States
    The problem is my only entry point is browserhax and homenuhax so I have to cope with unsuccessful 50% bootrates. Also I have to run CFW then load HBL again to click FBI installer. I need to find a way to either inject the health and safety screen on my emunand or to clone my sysnand over to emunand but the program never successfully clones my sysnand to emunand. I don't know if I need to run HBL under a patched syscheck to use EMUnand tool properly.Somehow I have fbi working on sysnand on sdcard install but I cannot for the life of me install it on emunand no matter what I try.Extremely frustrating to say the least.

8. PaolaScorpio

PaolaScorpio Member

Newcomer
    Dec 13, 2015
    Brazil
    What's your emunand firmware? Yesterday I couldn't install FBI on emuNAND either, and when I managed to install it I couldn't install any cias with it. Then I found out that FBI doesn't work on firmwares below 9.2. Once I got to update it (which should take 15~20min for a regular person, but took me like 5 hours), FBI was correctly injected and worked like a charm.

9. Ziefer846

Ziefer846 GBAtemp Fan

Jun 22, 2015
    United States
    Do you have the correct injection files on your SD card?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

That's not true, I've run FBI from 4.5 sysNAND.

10. funnystory
    OP

funnystory Banned

Banned
    Sep 20, 2008
    United States
    I installed FBI to sysnand how you said and I am in the process of cloning sysnand to emunand,however installing FBI to nand didn't make it appear on my icons only installing it to sd did.

11. PaolaScorpio

PaolaScorpio Member

Newcomer
    Dec 13, 2015
    Brazil
    I'm sorry. I had so many problems yesterday that I got confused. The firmware was linked to another problem, which I can't remember now. But I remember this one.
    I had some database error that prevented me from using FBI. Once I opened (and closed) eShop and tried again, the error was gone. Now I have a fully operative FBI.

12. funnystory
    OP

funnystory Banned

Banned
    Sep 20, 2008
    United States
    RXtools is being lame and it isnt telling me what pack I need besides my region.

13. squee666

Sep 17, 2010
    Belfast
    well obviously you install it to SD card when i mean sysnand i didnt say Nand i said Sysnand as in your original untouched firmware.

Then you create emunand and it copies it over with the rest of you installed apps/games

14. wurstpistole

wurstpistole N3DS B9S

Nov 19, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Of course it does. I've got 9.0 and it works like a charm.

15. funnystory
    OP

funnystory Banned

Banned
    Sep 20, 2008
    United States
    i installed it to SDcard the first time and you told me to install to nand SMH dude. You just made me waste my time and reformat my 3ds.Work on your english before giving such sensitive advice.I already told you I installed to sysnand and you said INSTALL TO NAND you moron

Last edited by funnystory, Jan 8, 2016
  16. wurstpistole

wurstpistole N3DS B9S

Nov 19, 2015
    Gambia, The
    He said install it to Sysnand.

Sysnand is not the same as NAND as destination in FBI. People seem to have a very hard time understanding that.

Sysnand is barely referring to your "native" system firmware and not the emulated one, which would be Emunand.

squee666 likes this.
  17. Ziefer846

Ziefer846 GBAtemp Fan

Jun 22, 2015
    United States
    Chill out dude. He's just trying to help. His explanation was fine, it was you that fucked it up. Good luck getting help with that kind of attitude.

Quantumcat likes this.
  18. funnystory
    OP

funnystory Banned

Banned
    Sep 20, 2008
    United States
    he edited the post

19. OTSS

OTSS Member

Newcomer
    Jan 7, 2016
    Canada
    I followed the guide in wurstpistole's signature. I followed it 100% and used the menuhax for booting. Worked flawless and very easy for me to follow. I did a fresh format of my sdcard to fat32 when I started. Now any cia i install works no problem

squee666 likes this.
  20. squee666

Sep 17, 2010
    Belfast
    You do realise that if people edit posts it says edited
    Look see heres an Edit seee the small text on post that says *edited*

aka Learn to read the guide in the first place and stop being an illiterate pleb.

If you had read ANY of the top 6 guides they all state on how to install FBI as a CIA

and they all use the terminology Sysnand and Emunand

if i wanted you to install to Nand i would have said

Run FBI in sysnand in Homebrew Launcher and install to Nand by hitting the L trigger

TL;DR my posts are not edited site proves it you just put your head up your own arse

Maybe next time reformat your brain and save us the trouble of actually trying to help you

Last edited by squee666, Jan 8, 2016
    Ziefer846 likes this.