Homebrew Question Cannot get GoldLeaf/Tree and/or HBGShop to work with Fire Emblem: Three Houses.

BLCKBLuR

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone! Yet again I come to my favorite place on the internet, with 1 problem out of the bag of many that I have ;]

So I am trying to install a backup of Fire Emblem: Three Houses (My GF told me it was amazing and want's me to experience the amazement too haha)

Anyways.. so Originally I went onto Tinfoil/HBG to try and install it from there. But I noticed that Fire Emblem: Three Houses was missing from the games list. Is this because HBG Shop does not include the First Party games? If so, then how come the other Fire Emblem is on there?

So then, I ended up making a dump of my GF's Fire Emblem: Three Houses, and I tried to install it with my computer through USB using GoldLeaf and GoldTree. Now I have used this method MANY times in the past over the past year or so, and have always been able to fix any issues I ran into. But I cannot seem to fix this one.

After hitting the Install button, I hit the button to select the SD Card to install it to, and then it gives me the "Key generation mismatch (consoles FW is too low) (8)" error.

If someone needs, I will take a picture of the error with my cell phone and post it on this thread.

Thanks to ANYONE in advance who can help me figure this out!

P.S - I am running FW 9.1.0 and Atmosphere 0.10.2

Gammazeth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
As the error suggests, your console firmware is too low, 9.2 has released, and atmosphere/Hekate have been updated to support it. You should update using choidujourNX (without burning fuses) so that you can downgrade back to 9.1 if you desire to. Back up all your NAND and learn more about how to use the homebrew, how frequently do we see people bricking their switch because of stupid maneuvers... (here are some basic information I could give you, if you don't use autoRCM, choidujourNX will try to make you use it, there will be a box about that, if you don't want to use autoRCM make sure to not enable it/disable it, I don't remember if the box should be checked or unchecked, as I said search on the internet)

BLCKBLuR

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As the error suggests, your console firmware is too low, 9.2 has released, and atmosphere/Hekate have been updated to support it. You should update using choidujourNX (without burning fuses) so that you can downgrade back to 9.1 if you desire to. Back up all your NAND and learn more about how to use the homebrew, how frequently do we see people bricking their switch because of stupid maneuvers... (here are some basic information I could give you, if you don't use autoRCM, choidujourNX will try to make you use it, there will be a box about that, if you don't want to use autoRCM make sure to not enable it/disable it, I don't remember if the box should be checked or unchecked, as I said search on the internet)
First of all, thank you so much for the reply.

But I have been modding for years, and I have already upgraded with Choi, and I know how it works. But I should not be getting this error, because Fire Emblem: Three Houses does not require FW 9.2...

If I cannot figure out another sollution, then I will try what you said. But it does not make sense for me to go through that process again, especially if the game I am trying to play does not require the FW you are telling me to install. Also, my GF has been playing the game on my switch with her cartridge whenever her switch is dead and charging, for the past 6 days or so now. So again, I don't understand why I need to update my FW if the game does not require FW 9.2, and the game works with the cartridge.

Thanks again though ;]

Like I said, if I cannot find another oslution, then I will try yours. but it does not make sense for me to need to do that.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

EDIT: P.S - I don't know what you mean by "Stupid Maneuvers". I am not doing anything here that would brick my Switch.

EDIT: EDIT: P.P.S - The error states that my firmware is 8. but that is not true, because I am on 9.1.0.

What makes even LESS sense... is that Fire Emblem: Three Houses only requires FW version 7.1.0. but Goldleaf tells me My FW is TOO LOW but it thinks I am on FW 8. Which is HIGHER than 7.1.0.

Then, I am ACTUALLY on 9.1.0 which is obviously higher than 7.1.0 OR 8.

So yeah, this makes no sense...

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You double checked your signature patched, your statement about the firmware is correct, the game can be run on lower firmware, it doesn't have to be 9.2.0.

BLCKBLuR

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You double checked your signature patched, your statement about the firmware is correct, the game can be run on lower firmware, it doesn't have to be 9.2.0.
The last time I updated my Sig patches was two weeks ago

Is there anything else that can be the cause of this? Should I try making another dump? Could a dump corruption be the issue? I can see how it COULD be an issue, but the corruption changing the required FW version, definitely has a miniscule chance of happening.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The last time I updated my Sig patches was two weeks ago

Is there anything else that can be the cause of this? Should I try making another dump? Could a dump corruption be the issue? I can see how it COULD be an issue, but the corruption changing the required FW version, definitely has a miniscule chance of happening.

Try to replace the sig patches again manually. Try to install game via usb install on Goldleaf.

BLCKBLuR

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Try to replace the sig patches again manually. Try to install game via usb install on Goldleaf.
Okay I will download the most current sig patches and install them now, should I also update Atmosphere? or should I not have to do that? also, I am using Goldleaf, and Goldtree, for windows, is that normal/ok?

Also, where exactly do you get your sig patches from? Because I can't actually find them now, besides the original old post from months ago on the forum.

I thought there was a github or something similar?

I have atmosphere 0.10.2, and I have FW 9.1.0, So which sig patches exactly should I be using? I am not sure if I need the ones for Kosmos, or not, I am confused. lol

Last question, is there another way to install an NSP over USB without Goldleaf?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay I will download the most current sig patches and install them now, should I also update Atmosphere? or should I not have to do that? also, I am using Goldleaf, and Goldtree, for windows, is that normal/ok?

Also, where exactly do you get your sig patches from? Because I can't actually find them now, besides the original old post from months ago on the forum.

I thought there was a github or something similar?

I have atmosphere 0.10.2, and I have FW 9.1.0, So which sig patches exactly should I be using? I am not sure if I need the ones for Kosmos, or not, I am confused. lol

Last question, is there another way to install an NSP over USB without Goldleaf?

https://gbatemp.net/threads/i-heard-that-you-guys-need-some-sweet-patches-for-atmosphere.521164/

I been using sig patches from this thread above, as for CFW I been using mixed of SX OS and Kosmos build of Atmosphere. I been installing my game with Goldleaf latest build, it install fine, never really had any problem with USB install.

BLCKBLuR

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://gbatemp.net/threads/i-heard-that-you-guys-need-some-sweet-patches-for-atmosphere.521164/

I been using sig patches from this thread above, as for CFW I been using mixed of SX OS and Kosmos build of Atmosphere. I been installing my game with Goldleaf latest build, it install fine, never really had any problem with USB install.
Okay i will try now, one more thing though, where are you getting the latest version of Goldleaf? I have been updating mine through the HBL. But for some reaosn, I have 2 instances of GoldLeaf on my HBM now. One says 7.0 (the one I use), the other doesn't show a version number on the icon or in the icons description, and I cannot get it to work either, so I don't use it.

BLCKBLuR

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try using Awoo and ns-usbloader. Awoo can install the required sigpatches for you.
Thanks for the info, I never heard of Awoo, but I will look into it now, Hayato has fixed my issue, by updating GoldLeaf from 0.7.0 to 0.8.0 and using Quark instead of GoldTree to connect it to my PC.

Thanks so much for the help, I swear I've been coming here for years, for a reason.

Love you all ;]

TY, fixed my issue by updating GoldLeaf and using Quark instead of GoldTree. Updating Sig patches did nothing, I am pretty sure I was already using the newest ones.

Reactions: Hayato213

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the info, I never heard of Awoo, but I will look into it now, Hayato has fixed my issue, by updating GoldLeaf from 0.7.0 to 0.8.0 and using Quark instead of GoldTree to connect it to my PC.

Thanks so much for the help, I swear I've been coming here for years, for a reason.

Love you all ;]

TY, fixed my issue by updating GoldLeaf and using Quark instead of GoldTree. Updating Sig patches did nothing, I am pretty sure I was already using the newest ones.

You are welcome.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/ZQhiwti-pK0?si=LTqU_S8Xm2fYnlQg