Cannot enter Gateway mode

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Anasole, Jun 5, 2014.

1. Anasole
    OP

Anasole Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 5, 2014
    United States
    I received my Gateway today and followed the steps.

1) Loaded contents of Blue Card directory to a blank microSD card.
    2) Inserted the microSD card in to the Blue Cart
    3) Inserted Blue Cart into 3DS (Ver4.4) and ran GW_INSTALLER.nds
    4) After installer completed, 3DS shutdown.
    5) Removed 3DS SD card and copied launcher.dat to it, returned SD card to the 3DS
    6) Started the 3DS, System Settings-Other Settings-Profile-Nintendo DS Profile

After a few seconds, the 3DS displays "An error has occured, forcing the software to close." when I press A the system restarts and I never get in to GW mode.

Gateway doesn't answer Technical Support questions, the forum they refer you to won't allow me to post even after registering. I'm hoping someone here knows something about my problem. Thanks.

2. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    try formatting your 3DS's SD card and copy the launcher.dat back over, also if you can try another SD card in the 3DS

BestR4i3DS.com likes this.
  3. BestR4i3DS.com

BestR4i3DS.com GBAtemp Regular

May 21, 2014
    United States
    please try to format your SD card, microSD card and re-install&run the firmware again

4. Anasole
    OP

Anasole Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 5, 2014
    United States

I tested it, and the card that came with the 3DS had a bunch of corrupt sectors so I'm using a different card. They really should have better instructions, all the software came with from the Gateway website was a single sheet PDF. I ended up having to format the EMUNAND just to get the card recognized. Thanks for your help

5. Sabregod

Sabregod GBAtemp Regular

Jan 24, 2010
    Canada
    Canada
    How do you format micro SD just wondering? Do you use SD formatter or what?

6. ozling

ozling Member

Newcomer
    Jan 30, 2008
    Windows will format the card. Right click on the SD card in My Computer, and select format.