Cannot boot Pokemon Diamond

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by chazmann, Apr 23, 2007.

Apr 23, 2007

Cannot boot Pokemon Diamond by chazmann at 11:08 PM (1,383 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. chazmann
    OP

Newcomer chazmann Member

United States
    I have updated the kernel to the latest version and no matter what I do, I get two white screens! Can someone please help me out?

2. adgloride

Member adgloride Its A Wii Wario

United Kingdom
    Have you tried downloading a different version of it from else where incase its fake? You should have no problems playing this game on the R4.

3. chazmann
    OP

Newcomer chazmann Member

United States
    That's what I was thinking. Im pretty sure someone tried to patch the rom I have for an emulator on the pc.

Im going to give it a go right now. Hopefully I wont have any saving problems this time either!

Thanks again man.

4. myclock

Member myclock GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    hmm you shouldnt need to patch anything. just extract it and put it on ur R4, i heard saving problems were onlny for SC too. its just your bad luck i guess [​IMG]

5. flanker22

Newcomer flanker22 Advanced Member

United States
    white screen on boot is usually the symptom of slow memory.

6. BoneMonkey

Banned BoneMonkey The cheese stash is a lie.

United States
    he has a bad rom dump get another rom from somewhere else

7. chazmann
    OP

Newcomer chazmann Member

United States
    It's all fixed. I have it working now.....but flanker22 is right. My memory has seemed to slooooow down big time in the 5 month hiatus I've had from the DS.

Maybe I'll clean the contacts....I doubt that will do anything, but it doesnt hurt.

8. suske1245

Newcomer suske1245 Member

Australia
    It happens to me aswell, eventhough i am using Sandisk Ultraflash II 1 Gb, but if i press "a", then the game runs fine.

9. myclock

Member myclock GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    i just noticed this today, could the R4 play any part of this? i just recently swapped an R4 with my mate and it seems....different...

10. puddles

Newcomer puddles Newbie

Australia
    I can't boot my Pokemon Diamond/Pearl either. Two blank screens would apppear - I've tried renaming them and stuff. (I have no idea how to change the memory or anything else)

I was wondering if there was a good site where reliable games can be downloaded off as well.

I really wanted to be a Pokemon Master, but now I'm wasting all my time getting it to work. [​IMG]

11. Ad_Enuff

Member Ad_Enuff GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom

You need to learn to use clrMAMEpro and use ADVANsCEne's DAT to verify your roms. Just becuase you download a file, it doesnt I'm sad to say mean you have a legit rom.

There are people out there that love to play games and upload rubbish fakes roms.

The only way to double check is to use a rom manager like clrMAMEpro or Romcenter.