OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Egypt
hey guys. Just got my Wii online ready and connected. It's softmodded, running on 3.1E No need for an update, everything I need is runnin perfectly fine. But I cannot get into shopping channel as I'm told to update which I'm not willing to, as its not needed for anything else. Is there a way to access the shopping channel without updating or is there a recent version as a wad that I just can install over the one thats allready on my wii ? Looking forward to your help
wink.gif

SolidMetal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey i just updated my shop channel because i was also not getting a connection with the old one, and iwent to the site which was stated above, i installed the new channel but..... when i hit start it takes me back to the main channels screen?
can anybody give me some advice on what settings i should choose when installing the updated shop channel.
thanks.
also, where could i get an updated internet channel, the one i have says this channel can't be used.
thanks again

SolidMetal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's all good now, looking on my sd card i noticed that my internet channel was for pal, so i just replaced it with the ntsc version and now it connects.
one problem i am having though, is when i start my homebrew channel it comes up with an update available for download
but when it's finished downloading it goes to the screen that tells you if you paid for it you were ripped off?
my wii mote turns off and the screen asks to press the 1 button but my wii mote won't stay on?
any ideas?

boof222

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
SolidMetal said:
hey i just updated my shop channel because i was also not getting a connection with the old one, and iwent to the site which was stated above, i installed the new channel but..... when i hit start it takes me back to the main channels screen?
can anybody give me some advice on what settings i should choose when installing the updated shop channel.
thanks.
also, where could i get an updated internet channel, the one i have says this channel can't be used.
thanks again
you need to install -IOS 61 (or 71 not sure) but the 1 thats at the bottom of the IOS screen to get the shop channel to wwork to work
it must be -61 not +61

vmercury

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm having a problem with the shop channel too. My wii is Japanese, and I attempted to update the shop channel using WiiSCU on 3.2J, but even after the update the shop channel said it was the wrong version, and prompts me to go back to the system menu.

So then I tried the 4.2 shop installer program, and even after that finished I got the same error message.

SO, I updated the system menu 4.2 using the Safe Updater, and my system version displays 4.2J, and the shop channel STILL gives the same error message.

I am absolutely positive that I have shop channel version v17 and IOS61 v5405 without truncha bug installed, so even after updating literally everything I possible could, why is the shop channel still prompting me to update?

Any input is appreciated.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, gta v is down since november 2021