Can YSMENU work on DSi and R4i?

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by kempstar, Jan 17, 2010.

Jan 17, 2010
  1. kempstar
    OP

Newcomer kempstar Newbie

United States
    Hello

I am travelling the world for 6 months and recently bought an R4 card which seemed to run everything I wanted it to. Unfortunately, someone stole my DSi and iPod out of my bag on a bus journey [​IMG] Please help me [​IMG]

I bought a new DSi and a new R4i card, but it barely works at all- a few games load, but most games I cant save the game as the save file just corrupts when I try and load it again.

I have been trying to get YSMenu to work on my card for the past couple of days. Can anyone help me please? My card is called an R4i revolution. It is a dark grey cartridge with a gold sticker on it.

I have tried using A2Hs menu generator. If I use the replace firmware option, it doesnt work at all. If I use the filebrowser or media replacement option I can run YSMenu, but when I try and load a game, I get the error message "Unsupported DLDI name".

I have also tried using the modified R4YSAuto found on this forum, however when I do it this way, I get an error message when generating the files, saying "DLDI-head not found".

Is there any way of getting this card to run games properly? Would really appreciate any help as am extremely gutted to have been robbed [​IMG]

Many thanks
    Christian

2. h8isgr8

Member h8isgr8 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Look, "R4" and "R4i" are generic names these days. There are many different varieties of each; all with different websites and required firmware/kernels.

You need to state exactly what card you have and what website is printed on the card and/or packaging it came in (if any).

3. Depravo

Global Moderator Depravo Jaded curmudgeon

United Kingdom
    Just because it has R4 on the sticker doesn't necessarily mean it's a clone of an R4. Many of the fake R4's are based on AceKard or DSTT hardware. The fact that YSMenu built for R4 (with a2h's generator) gives the DLDI error suggests that your card is one of these.

4. kempstar
    OP

Newcomer kempstar Newbie

United States
    Im pretty sure its one of these cards:

http://www.r4-pro.com/download_en.html

As it looks identical, and also the firmware download from that website is exactly the same as mine.

Should YSMenu work on this card?

If not, would firmware from a different card work, and be more reliable? As it stands, my card is as good as useless as its impossible to save and continue on most games.

Many thanks in advance
    Christian

5. PhoenixT

Newcomer PhoenixT Member

Italy
    The only surefire way to tell what r4 clone is exactly yours is seeing what's the site printed on the card itself, or the small box.
    If there's a golden sticker, for example, it may even be one of those.
    If that's the case, you're really a lucky boy: it's the newer version of my own R4 Revolution card, and I can assure you that's a cheap DSTT in disguise. So, it will run the DSTT firmware, and the YSMenu, if you compile it with the DSTT instructions.

6. kempstar
    OP

Newcomer kempstar Newbie

United States
    It doesnt look like one of those unfortunately [​IMG] There is no webiste printed on the card, and I dont have the packaging unfortunately.

7. sfg

Member sfg GBAtemp Regular

United States
    From what site did you get the firmware then? You said the one from r4-pro is identical, that means you already had one...

8. kempstar
    OP

Newcomer kempstar Newbie

United States
    I bought it from a shop in Bolivia. The first one I bought from a shop in Peru.

9. niu

Member niu GBAtemp Fan

United States
    This R4i is AK2i clone.

you should use AK2 Ysmenu or cracked akaio 1.5.1

This clone is very bad, very buggy.

10. kempstar
    OP

Newcomer kempstar Newbie

United States
    Which would be the best for me to install in your opinion? All I want is to be able to save games without problems [​IMG]

If anyone could point me in the right direction, via PM if required, that would be greatly appreciated

Thanks all for help so far
    Christian

11. And_ROOS

Newcomer And_ROOS Newbie

Australia
    Hate to add a reply to an oldish post, but i was wondering what sort of R4i card i have? The website for the card ends in ndsiLL.net

Can anyone tell me which card i have? I heard that a few of the R4i cards are clones of better cards then the R4s.

Sorry to bump an old thread, seemed smarter then making a new one.

12. GolenSun550

Member GolenSun550 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Well, the card you have is the R4 DSiLL based on the site you give us.

What actually you want to know?