Can you use PS1 saves on PSP?

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by DeltaBladeX, Jul 9, 2011.

1. DeltaBladeX
    OP

DeltaBladeX GBAtemp Fan

Jul 20, 2009
    New Zealand
    I have a copy of Legend of Legaia which I had been playing on my PS2, but had to stop that after some windmill town as between my buggered up disc and a PS2 that dislikes CD games, I've been unable to continue. However, since I now have a PSP which can run my PS1 games, I thought I might back up my disc onto PC (which reads it a lot better than my PS2) and convert it for use on PSP. Since my PS2 can copy the PS1 save using uLaunch Elf, I figured I'd find out if it can be used by the PSP first before trying to hunt down where I stuck the memory card with that save, and if so, how (with or without conversion).

2. xist

xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

Jul 14, 2008
    Convert them to mcr (ePSXe format). Change the name to the GAME ID and put -0 at the end
    Set up CWCheat (you can double check the Game's ID in it's main menu, although it'll be printed on the disc)
    Place the mcr file in X:\seplugins\cwcheat\mc\
    CWCheat -> Manage memory cards ->load memory card 1 from memory stick

3. DeltaBladeX
    OP

DeltaBladeX GBAtemp Fan

Jul 20, 2009
    New Zealand
    Thanks for that. Pretty sure I have something on my PC to convert it to MCR.

4. xist

xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

Jul 14, 2008
    memtools does the job i believe....or one of Aldo's bits and bobs anyway.

5. DeltaBladeX
    OP

DeltaBladeX GBAtemp Fan

Jul 20, 2009
    New Zealand
    And it works. Fantastic.

Now if only I could remember what the hell I was doing before I stopped playing a year ago. Bugger.