• Total voters

archagon

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
A NDSL has two functions: gaming and looking sexy. Since a cracked hinge disables one of these functions, the very essence of the NDSL is perverted.

tetsuya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I cant stand it! Mine crakced yesterday when I was playing another code. I been keeping it all clean and scratch free for four months and bam this happen. My precious ds is now flaw.

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Mines been cracked for a while too, doesn't bother me as long as it doesn't functionally get in the way, or fall apart.
If it does become a problem, I'll either send it in if it's still under warranty or get a replacement shell.

Killermech

Cookie Monster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Stuff like that always drives me nuts at first.. just like when I first got my ds. It had this damn dead pixel which made me go nuts.. got over it in a few days. Then the dust inside the screen attack came on the upperscreen.. guess what happend? Yep, drove me nuts as well.. but got over it in a few days.. Then I accidently hit the upperscreen too hard and it seems to got 'crooked'.. leaning a bit to the right... which also drove me nuts at that point...

I don't have an ndslite, but im guessing that if the hinge cracked, I would go nuts... then get over it the next day.. like everything else ;P

Adventures_of_Lo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I don't have a cracked hinge, since I own a black DSL. Anyway, I'm still thinking that people complaining about this crack is some huge inside joke. I mean what the hell? How can something that tiny, almost invisible bother anyone the slightest? This must be some sort of joke..

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
I'd send it in if it's still under warranty, if it's broken now then it might get worse if you just leave it. If it's out of warranty I'd live with it. How long it takes for them to fix it is irrelevant, being without a DS for a couple of weeks isn't the end of the world.

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I couldn't stand any finger prints, scratches etc... on my DS or any other machine I own. I would go mad if I had a cracked hinge. Last year I went into gameplay looking for a second hand GBA SP for my girlfriend. They wanted £40 for them.

For £40 you would expect them to look brand new and be boxed. I've never seen GBA SPs in such bad condition, the outside of the lids were scratched to hell. Every single GBA SP and colour was the same. The looked like someone had tied them to the back of a car and dragged them down the street. Its the only time I could have cried in a store.

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
My DS Lite has a cracked hinge. It's great!
biggrin.gif

I'm swapping my DS Lite come June at the end of my warrenty. Nintendo said they'd replace DS Lite's with cracked hinges free of charge. So it's my excuse to get a pretty scratch free DS Lite.

shtonkalot

Can't hold on much longer, But I'll never let go!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
My DS Lite has a cracked hinge. It's great!
biggrin.gif

I'm swapping my DS Lite come June at the end of my warrenty. Nintendo said they'd replace DS Lite's with cracked hinges free of charge. So it's my excuse to get a pretty scratch free DS Lite.
Couldn't agree more! That is my exact plan, I'm hoping my second DSL gets a cracked hinge soon too.

-EX-

Racer
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
A NDSL has two functions: gaming and looking sexy. Since a cracked hinge disables one of these functions, the very essence of the NDSL is perverted.
QFT.

Also, I have a Japanese NDSL (obviously). It's a second one. Both of them NEVER had any cracks, dead pixels, yellow touchscreens or smth. Blame your manufacturing then.

pelago

Trophies
XP
Country
I have a crack and it pisses me off. But I'm unsure whether to live with it or send it in. I'm worried if I send it in they'll send me one back with a dead pixel or yellow screen or something!

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia

I'm glad I have the Phat, then. It has two functions: gaming, and looking like a child's chewy toy. It retains its functionality no matter how wasted its exterior is, while a DSL has its functionality cut in half with a single visible scratch.

Prophet

Resident Black Militant
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Personally I can't stand a cracked hinge. The minute my DS lite bore the mark, I segregated it from all my other devises. I thought I'd be able to live with this arrangement, but it was simply not enough. My lite is now on a train surrounded by its cracked brethren, headed toward a "camp". True story.

sabinraijin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Personally I can't stand people that bitch about what their handheld looks like. What does it matter how pretty it looks when at the end of it all you just play games with it? Performance over style, when are people going to learn this?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Uncensored patch for Barbie games?