Can you spilt a hard drive and use it for WiiU and the vWii?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by stewartisme, Mar 27, 2015.

1. stewartisme
    OP

stewartisme Member

Newcomer
    Dec 2, 2014
    United States
    I have a 250gb hd and it would be great to use it for both

2. FireEmblemGuy

FireEmblemGuy Celebrating a decade of shitposting

Jul 6, 2007
    United States
    Michigan, USA
    I'm gonna say no; the default setting is to use the whole drive (I had a '64GB' drive with about 13.5GB of usable storage; even though I had the partition set at 13GB, formatting it with the Wii U reset it to a single 64GB partition and the system choked trying to use it); even if you could, you'd probably have both of them attempting to read the same partition rather than each knowing which was which.

Still, I've never tried it so I could be completely wrong.

mightymuffy likes this.
  3. stewartisme
    OP

stewartisme Member

Newcomer
    Dec 2, 2014
    United States
    Alright thanks. I'll wait to see if anyone else knows anything before I try it.

4. EmceeKerser

EmceeKerser GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 3, 2014
    The fuckin' Blue Mountains brah
    No. This question gets asked everyday, just look through current threads before asking

5. EclipseSin

EclipseSin FullMental Trollemist

Apr 1, 2015
    United States
    Vegeta's Hyrule
    Don't really want to drag this on since it has been answered, but does anyone have any knowledge of what methods have been tried to accomplish this? I'm just curios as I use to trick the original Wii using my one external enclosure before we could switch partitions.

Edit: The enclosure always mounts the second partition because it originally had software on partition 1 that was "undelete-able". Also, I am assuming simple 2 partition setup was already tried as that's what OP tried, so you can count that method out.

I understand the contents are most likely encrypted, but I was thinking of using my 16gb pen drive to format with the wii u after blanking it to 00's, making a sector copy and then making a partition after the end of the wii u copied sectors on a new disk.

Troopage likes this.