Can you run Emulators wrote for NDS on 3DS with a NDS flashcard?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by mckenziesdaddy, Mar 14, 2015.

1. mckenziesdaddy
    OP

mckenziesdaddy Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 12, 2011
    United States
    York,PA
    Can you run Emulators wrote for NDS on 3DS with a NDS flashcard? I bought a R4i-SDHC 3DS RTS last night along with my Sky3ds. So I was wondering if I can run likes NESds and such through DS Mode? or is something like that not possible?

2. Rinnegatamante

Rinnegatamante GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 24, 2014
    Italy
    Bologna
    Yes, it's possible.

Margen67 likes this.
  3. Flame

Flame Me > You

Jul 15, 2008
    If the n3DS can run the flashcart and is not blocked. Than yes.

Margen67 likes this.
  4. loco365

loco365 GBAtemp Guru

Sep 1, 2010
    Yes, it just runs them in DS mode, as is regular DS games.

Margen67 likes this.
  5. DarkFlare69

DarkFlare69 GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 8, 2014
    United States
    Ohio
    Yeah. Anything you can do on a DS with a flashcart is possible on a 3DS. As long as it's not patched for the 3DS.

Margen67 likes this.
  6. AtlanticBit

AtlanticBit Yeh, fuck this

Jan 15, 2015
    Poland
    DEEP IN SPACE
    Yes, it is possible, but for emulators I'd rather use ninjhax(if you're on 9.2 or lower).

7. KJ1

KJ1 Old Member

Nov 2, 2014
    India
    If he would be on 9.2 or below then probably he would have bought Gateway. As he bought Sky3ds instead, so I think he is not on 9.2 on lower. :P

8. AtlanticBit

AtlanticBit Yeh, fuck this

Jan 15, 2015
    Poland
    DEEP IN SPACE
    or he just didn't want a gw because not easy to use and something

9. KJ1

KJ1 Old Member

Nov 2, 2014
    India
    Yeah, it might be. :P

10. Osmosis

Osmosis Accidents Happen. Don't be one of them.

Dec 20, 2014
    United States
    Um... The DSTwo? :unsure: I mean.... "GBATemp" it's the folder name of the DSTwo....

Works fine on 3DS and you pretty much can run NES/SNES/GB/GBC/GBA/DS/ARCADEs/TOOLS/etc. (No N64, don't ask)

If you're testing an emu, I'd go DSTwo. Heck, they might even use it and you'll find lots of resources here.

Even works with modded nes games, arcade games, and you can also colorize GameBoy games and they run just fine.

I own one. I love it. There's even skin packs for it here on GBATemp. Seriously, DSTwo.

There's also a master pack of EMUs and wifi tools and savedata tools. The best part is the NDS emu pre-installed can do soft saves and even slow-mo. Just be warned, the NES emu which works has no GUI and crashes back to 3DS menu if you want to exit, but other than that, yeah... DSTwo.

Heck, looking for some glory? Know how to make a gui for DOS apps? Claim your trophy and fix the NES emu. I'd use it! Might even try to make an "exit" option so it doesn't crash back to home. ;)

11. scotch

scotch Member

Newcomer
    May 7, 2011
    I don't think snesmulds, nitrografx or scummvm will work if your using the gateway blue card. I've not been able to get them running. I may have snesmul configured wrongly, but the other two emulators don't work at all. Although I think I may have seen a patch for scummvm.