Homebrew Can you run Emulators wrote for NDS on 3DS with a NDS flashcard?

mckenziesdaddy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you run Emulators wrote for NDS on 3DS with a NDS flashcard? I bought a R4i-SDHC 3DS RTS last night along with my Sky3ds. So I was wondering if I can run likes NESds and such through DS Mode? or is something like that not possible?

AtlanticBit

Yeh, fuck this
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Can you run Emulators wrote for NDS on 3DS with a NDS flashcard? I bought a R4i-SDHC 3DS RTS last night along with my Sky3ds. So I was wondering if I can run likes NESds and such through DS Mode? or is something like that not possible?

Yes, it is possible, but for emulators I'd rather use ninjhax(if you're on 9.2 or lower).

Osmosis

Accidents Happen. Don't be one of them.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Um... The DSTwo? :unsure: I mean.... "GBATemp" it's the folder name of the DSTwo....

Works fine on 3DS and you pretty much can run NES/SNES/GB/GBC/GBA/DS/ARCADEs/TOOLS/etc. (No N64, don't ask)

If you're testing an emu, I'd go DSTwo. Heck, they might even use it and you'll find lots of resources here.

Even works with modded nes games, arcade games, and you can also colorize GameBoy games and they run just fine.

I own one. I love it. There's even skin packs for it here on GBATemp. Seriously, DSTwo.

There's also a master pack of EMUs and wifi tools and savedata tools. The best part is the NDS emu pre-installed can do soft saves and even slow-mo. Just be warned, the NES emu which works has no GUI and crashes back to 3DS menu if you want to exit, but other than that, yeah... DSTwo.

Heck, looking for some glory? Know how to make a gui for DOS apps? Claim your trophy and fix the NES emu. I'd use it! Might even try to make an "exit" option so it doesn't crash back to home. ;)

scotch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't think snesmulds, nitrografx or scummvm will work if your using the gateway blue card. I've not been able to get them running. I may have snesmul configured wrongly, but the other two emulators don't work at all. Although I think I may have seen a patch for scummvm.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended