Hacking Can you rip wii games on your computer?

WiihackingNoobie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok so i was just wondering can you like rip a wii game on your computer so you can put it on usb loader? if you can do you need some sort of program or can you just use windows any help appreciated.

PsyBlade

Snake Charmer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
yes you can BUT
you need a special program to do it
and it does only support about 3 different dvddrives

ripping with your wii is better anyway
with cfg eg you can rip to fat,ntfs and wbfs; only ext is readonly

lulwut

Trophies
XP
Country
PsyBlade said:
and it does only support about 3 different dvddrives
its actually more aside from the lg drives. but the chances of having one that does support the debug commands is low(i have a few lucky dvd drives that work but are not the known type)

WiihackingNoobie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
whats cfg?
mellow.gif

enak101

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
can usb loader gx rip games to wbfs aswell? just went through hassle of installing it to system menu, also are wbfs files smaller?

D

Deleted-247497

enak101 said:
can usb loader gx rip games to wbfs aswell? just went through hassle of installing it to system menu, also are wbfs files smaller?
yes it can, and im not sure on the size, if you want the isos on your computer get WBFS Manager 3.0 it can get iso's from your wbfs hdd

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
wbfs files will be around the same size as a trimmed iso (or ciso), so yes, they will be smaller than a regular iso file, the actual size will vary depending on how much of the game is actual game data

enak101

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks for help guys.

EDIT: What is the use of getting your ripped wbfs games onto your computer as an iso? I thought most people used wbfs manager to format their hard drive for wbfs so the whole illegal downloading doesn't make sense to me as people could just download the wbfs files.

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
enak101 said:
thanks for help guys.

EDIT: What is the use of getting your ripped wbfs games onto your computer as an iso? I thought most people used wbfs manager to format their hard drive for wbfs so the whole illegal downloading doesn't make sense to me as people could just download the wbfs files.
Most people now use fat32 on their hard drive, and downloading games is pirating, it doesn't matter what the file extension is.

enak101

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i knew it was all pirating haha didnt mean for it to come across that way. FAT32 i see. Is there any reason to format it to WBFS anymore? Being able to use it for other stuff besides my wii would be fantastic.

chop

Trophies
XP
Country
enak101 said:
i knew it was all pirating haha didnt mean for it to come across that way. FAT32 i see. Is there any reason to format it to WBFS anymore? Being able to use it for other stuff besides my wii would be fantastic.

No reason at all, format fat32 and use WiiBackupManager to copy over your backups.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
umm... so why is fat32 better than wbfs? What is done about games that are more than 4gb? I obviously haven't messed with loaders in a while. I just trucha bug most of my IOS's (because of the scrubbed versions I tend to grab) and run 'em from disk with my wiikey 2.

chop

Trophies
XP
Country
WBFS is a non standard format so if you have corruption issues with one game you can lose them all. games that are larger than 4GB are automatically split by Wiibackupmanager into 4GB or smaller pieces with no issues when playing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    that one was buggy too
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you right there, fallout 76 was a letdown, but it not that bad now, they have fixed slot of issues they had at launch. Biggest issue with Fallout 76 is its a pay to advance further type of game, which sucks
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, I may probably download fallout 3 or new vegas on my ps3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    cuz I didnt like fallout 1 that much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    New Vegas is awesome, F3 was ok too.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I played Fallout 4 on PC, I enjoyed it honestly. Not my favorite game on earth but at the same time I didn't hate it at all lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's cool you got a ps3... Glad to hear. Game on!
    +1
    Ironic this was posted today lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think the tv series has boasted play of, I did see they said playing of it Is up, way more than norm
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing the next gen version on Series X all day, I love it. :wub:
    +1
    Downloading some random stuff, damn almost 400GBs in like 4 hours lol
    Gonna be over 1TB this month.... damn lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    At least you have some fast speeds. What a drag that used to be, I remb downloading 1 pic back in the day, and seeing line by line show
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or worse, you downloading something, and someone calls your phone and interupts the download, good ole AOL. Of course that's before most you guys even were born yet.
    Lol I think my first modem was 48K but it had some sort of firmware or software update that let me get 56K
    +1
    I had EarthLink lol
    A bunch of NetZero accounts that I used for things... Lol
    +1
    So glad I'm not in prison lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea marriage is a bitch sometimes...
    I legit think they passed the cyber terrorism laws from some of my hmm pranks lol
    I knocked the east coast backbone of EarthLink offline for like 6 hours one time, was on the news and everything well I mean I wasn't on the news.... Just they where having "technical difficulties" lol
    +1
    Was just one single custom packet. I miss when Internet security was an afterthought lol almost all modems and network hardware operated in promiscuous mode.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Was just one single custom packet. I miss when Internet security was an afterthought lol almost...