Can you re use a mod chip? (Especially on OLED)

Kallim

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I'm wondering if a mod chip could in theory be reused to hack several units. I doubt this is possible.

This idea is for never turned on brand new oled switches. Do they have burnt fuses?

If not you could hack (chip obviously). Downgrade to firmware v1. From there would it be possible to rehack (browser not RCM).

Then you could in theory remove the chip. This might seem crazy but the chips are really expensive.

I'm not sure if the fuses are pre burnt and I'm not even sure an oled switch would run v1 (but don't see why not its just a screen upgrade). If anyone has done this (or knows if it can't be done)... Please let me know.

randy_w

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can reuse hwfly chips, I've recovered oled v4 from a dead motherboard before and installed it in a new console, works just fine.
I think you can also use original sx chips in multiple units, it's the activation code of sxos that's bounded to the console.

That's actually a great idea, except it won't work. Even if you can downgrade, the console won't boot without a chip due to fuse mismatch. I think the lowest fw you can downgrade to on oled is 13.0.0 (15 burnt fuses).

Anyway don't expect softmod to happen anytime soon. Iirc the atmosphere developer said the switch kernel has already been reverse engineered and re-implemented, there's no useable exploit.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://www.keepretro.com/products/miyoo-a30