Hacking Can you play single cart DS games with r4i 3ds gold cart?

semajaral

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. I am new to the forum so I apologize if this question has been asked before. I did attempt to thoroughly search the site and only really found one thread that was related to this question, but the questions was actually never answered.

I have a 3ds with firmware 3.0.0.6. I just bought a r4i gold 3ds flash cart. My question is this:

I downloaded Mario Kart and Mario Party which both have the single cart, download to play multiplayer feature that some original (non-3ds) DS games have. Is it possible for me to host with the r4i gold 3ds flash cart and for a standard DS to join? I have seen videos on YouTube from December of 2011 showing this working with TWO r4 cards (one for the 3ds and one for the original DS), but I wanted to know if the latest updates and the gold card itself allow only single flash cart usage for single cart enabled multiplayer games between a 3ds and original DS.

I tried my best to make the post as clear as possible, so I apologize if it is a little convoluted. I would appreciate any guidance anybody who may have experience here can offer.

Thanks in advance.

Sema

newtkiller

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To add a bit more to this reply, yes it supports the single card download play. To the 3DS and the DS as well. For other 3DS users they will have to specify DS mode in their download play options, regular DS owners can simply go to the normal download play option (they cannot download play 3DS games).

And yes, your question was extremely clear, and thank you for actually researching your questions before posting (every little bit goes a long way).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I just Luv having CEX :)