Gaming Can you Pandora current Slims?

soliunasm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To cut to the chase, my Phat has been taking a shit and starting to randomly do stuff, which leads me to believe it's dying.
Anyway, time for me to get a Slim, so I was wondering if I went to buy a Piano Black from a store here in the U.S., would it be Pandora-proof of what?
Been hearing stuff like that, so I was just making sure.

soliunasm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
superrob said:
Well i dont know about the battery but Pendora should work on every PSP made.

Edit: How is it "dying"?
Buttons randomly stop responding, plugins don't work like they used to, screens all scratched and missing screws, d-pad sometimes does not respond, analog nub is stuck in place and randomly drifts.

D

Deleted User

Oh. Then it's a hardware defect... yeah, I'm guessing you should get a new one.

Yup, Pandora works on everything.

soliunasm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
warmijwilfaain said:
Oh. Then it's a hardware defect... yeah, I'm guessing you should get a new one.

Yup, Pandora works on everything.
Got this used. Had a launch console but gave it to my brother.
This has been working fine till recently, so dunno what happened.

Also, I thought some people were saying that Pandora's don't work on specific types of motherboards in the new Slims.

bfoos

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Pandora works on ALL PSP models. The newer PSP Slims (TA-085v2) that come with 3.80, can't create service mode batteries, but it CAN use them.

Also, never use a fat PSP to make a slim Pandora battery.

PikaPika

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bfoos said:
Pandora works on ALL PSP models. The newer PSP Slims (TA-085v2) that come with 3.80, can't create service mode batteries, but it CAN use them.

Why not?

bfoos

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
pikadude1006 said:
bfoos said:

Why not?

Fats can't pandoraize slim batteries. If you try it, it can potentially brick the battery. I've verified this myself. Though in my case, leaving the battery out of the PSP for about 12 hours, seems to have got it working again.

QUOTE(superrob @ May 3 2008, 03:03 PM)
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.12472 - 10$ for a pendora battery!
You know, it's really lame that companies like Datel and dealextreme are making money off of the hard work of others.

myuusmeow

Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
bfoos said:
Fats can't pandoraize slim batteries. If you try it, it can potentially brick the battery. I've verified this myself. Though in my case, leaving the battery out of the PSP for about 12 hours, seems to have got it working again.

Slim batteries don't even fit in the Phat IIRC. I tried it once and it got stuck.

superrob

H4X H4X H4X!
Trophies
Website
zabbo.dk
XP
Country

bfoos

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
myuusmeow said:
bfoos said:

Slim batteries don't even fit in the Phat IIRC. I tried it once and it got stuck.
They don't fit properly, yes. However, they can be inserted and will make the connections required to function.

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
There is a difference between phat pandora and slim pandora, and it's all in the extra files that are used in making the pandora (don't ask me for details). However there are plenty of universal installers out there that can turn any battery into a pandora for either PSP. Just make sure you install the right files on it.

Also, since you've got a phat PSP anyway, you can use it to turn your phat battery into a slim pandora. You won't be able to use the battery cover, but as long as it clicks in, it's fine (and once you've flashed CFW onto it, you can just turn the pandora back into a battery for your phat again). I wouldn't advise using the slim battery in the phat though - as above, it doesn't fit properly. Can be used, but it's just plain easier to use the phat battery.

BTW, Datel are entitled to sell their TOOLs to people who have no friends with PSPs and are unable to find any other way of turning their battery into a pandora (aside from the manual way - putting a pin between 2 of the connectors). As for the rest of the PSP populace, we all have friends and can make batteries that way.

EDIT: Now I know the details - Despertar del Cementerio (universal unbricker by DAX) can turn a battery into a slim/lite pandora which installs CFW. Normal pandoras for the phat just use service mode to downgrade to 1.50, whereby CFW can be installed. Both pandoras require a PSP with CFW on it, which you should have (even if it's dying). The wiki about it can be found at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_P...ora.27s_Battery

SavageWaffle

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.