Apple Can you get caught for cracking apps?

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Terminator02 said:
just because it's easier and the chances of getting caught are lower doesn't make it any less right

app developers spend tons of time working on apps and they only ask a measly $1-$5 for them, when you pirate the app it's not just you getting them for free, it's the developer not getting the money he/she deserves

It doesn't make it any less right but you can't compare stealing the whole system and pirating a few games. It's like saying "If you could rob a bank, why don't you just rob the federal reserve, too?" And I seriously doubt they spend a lot of time working on crappy minigames that are practically all clones of the same thing. I thought the same thing as well, until I bet my friend that he couldn't make an Angry Birds clone in 1 week that's somewhat good. He finished it in 3 days.

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
suprgamr232 said:
Terminator02 said:
just because it's easier and the chances of getting caught are lower doesn't make it any less right

app developers spend tons of time working on apps and they only ask a measly $1-$5 for them, when you pirate the app it's not just you getting them for free, it's the developer not getting the money he/she deserves

It doesn't make it any less right but you can't compare stealing the whole system and pirating a few games. It's like saying "If you could rob a bank, why don't you just rob the federal reserve, too?" And I seriously doubt they spend a lot of time working on crappy minigames that are practically all clones of the same thing. I thought the same thing as well, until I bet my friend that he couldn't make an Angry Birds clone in 1 week that's somewhat good. He finished it in 3 days.
You're making it sounds like piracy is OK. In no situation is it OK to pirate something.

If they make "crappy minigames" why do you wanna pirate a "crappy" game? Wouldn't that make it not worth playing?

Somebody who pirates something that costs $0.99 - $5 is scum. And should be embarrassed to even say it.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Piracy is wrong, always. That is the long and short of it.

You can use whatever excuse you want, it doesn't make it right or even tolerable in my opinion. I have heard dozens of excuses, none of them are valid. Don't try to make yourself feel better about doing what you know is wrong with lame excuses.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
iFish said:
suprgamr232 said:
Terminator02 said:

You're making it sounds like piracy is OK. In no situation is it OK to pirate something.

If they make "crappy minigames" why do you wanna pirate a "crappy" game? Wouldn't that make it not worth playing?

Somebody who pirates something that costs $0.99 - $5 is scum. And should be embarrassed to even say it.

In no way did I ever say piracy is ok. I only pointed out the flaw in his logic and that the games are crappy and some people won't want to pay for crappy apps. I don't own any iProduct, so I wouldn't ever pirate a crappy minigame.

And just because you pirate doesn't necessarily mean they aren't going to buy the game/software. I pirate to try out the game, because demos aren't always available. I'm not saying everyone does this, in fact I'm almost 100% sure only a small percentage of pirates do this, but you can't call someone scum because they don't want to pay $0.99 to try out something they might not ever play.

kevan

Imagination rules the world
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
We could all debate why piracy is right or wrong all day but!

It would waste time in which we could be pirating =D
happy.gif

Or the better argument is where the companies do dodgy things
to rip you off or severely limit the things you can do with your purchases.
So is it right to break their rules/laws to do these things?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Sicklyboy, not that bad ig