Hacking Can we see one day odesy working on 3.0.0

Vieela

GBATemp's official thinker™
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Then we most likely already have the cryptokey. Since firmware spoofing you're talking about is like telling the eshop you got the latest version. The game themselves won't magically open since there is no KEY to unlock them.

It was just a lazy representation of some "firmware spoofing magic" idea of some sort, really.

Farowe

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
You should have known better what were you getting into the moment you decided to stick to 3.0 fw as it was really obvious that doing that would end up locking you out from playing newer games. You really had a lot of unfounded faith if you actually expected a public exploit and a fw spoof method within just a few months of the console´s release.

Now go back and continue playing the (perhaps) long waiting game if you are up to it or update and actually give some use to the console: you can´t have your cake and eat it too.

Last edited by Farowe,

_______

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Of course there's a chance. Some day in the far future we'll surely have a way to spoof the firmware. As of now though, no, nothing like that is possible

I don't think you can just spoof the fw to have it run. After some reading regarding the security of Switch, Ninty definitely learn from their 3DS/Wii U mistakes. The crypto keys only stay in the ARM TrustZone, to have it run on 3.0.0 means you'll have to had that new key which is only available in 3.0.1 in your 3.0.0 system TZ, or dump a decrypted version of the game on 3.0.1 to have it load on 3.0.0, both can't be done without hacking the 3.0.1 in the first place. It's something like getting post 3.6.0 PSV game running on 3.6.0. But sure it can all be like PS3 or 3DS scene again one day, that we have full access to everything, but when that day comes, Switch 2 probability is out already.

So buy and enjoy the game at this point maybe? The game is worth the price, and buy physical if you really cares about the money so you can always resell. To me, I'd like to have access to my saves so I can backup w/o ninty's cloud server.

teelo

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I heard that an easy way to hack the switch so you can run whatever you want is to just buy 51% of the shares in Nintendo and appoint yourself to the board.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @The Real Jdbye, :creep: