Hacking Can we see a leaked CIA of pokemon sun/moon in october?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
The CIAs are similar but not identical, I believe the BOSS IDs (used for Mystery Gift) in the code.bin differ between regions. Sm4sh has the same deal with the code.bins, very minute differences in the actual code, but they do differ, unfortunately. Makes patching annoying :/
but then how come the url on cdn is the same? because they share one title id.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Would it be impossible to edit /hack a preloaded game? And extract it as a cia?
no, we don't have the decryption key when it's preloaded

AydenTheKilla

Garchomp King
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
but then how come the url on cdn is the same? because they share one title id.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

no, we don't have the decryption key when it's preloaded

Couldnt you just write the encryption key out or write around it? Or turn it into a rom?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Couldnt you just write the encryption key out or write around it? Or turn it into a rom?
no, games with seed encryption (basically all newer games) have a extra little piece to their encryption to prevent it being decrypted and played before release date, the seed is only released on the official release date.

preloading the game is essentially like having a passworded zip file so you can have it downloaded and ready to go, but you arent given the password til the time is right

Last edited by gamesquest1,
Reactions: Quantumcat

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
OP asks about a leaked CIA. If it's an authentic legit CIA, probably not until launch date.
At best a week ahead (assuming it gets ripped from a SunMoon exclusive 3DS/2DS bundled console)

However, a leaked ROM from the cartridge (then subsequently converted to CIA) is more likely to be a month earlier as compared to legit CIA.

Last edited by Queno138,

TankedThomas

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Despite what everyone is saying, China's getting it (even if it's not mainland China) so I wouldn't be surprised if it leaks early.

At the very least, we know a demo is on its way to Korea, if not the rest of the world, and there will be enormous amounts of data-mining from that, guaranteed. Game Freak can only remove so much data and keep it stable so I'd expect to see approximately the same amount of information we got from the ORAS demo.

Salamencizer

Cute Hot Whatever
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
India
Can we see a leaked CIA of pokemon sun/moon in october?
1. Yes.
2. Not the correct place to ask.

Most likely not. Nintendo is going to hold onto this game and most likely not ship game to the stores until about a week (maybe 3 days) before release.
Trust me, as someone who worked the last Pokemon releases, we didn't get them in until 3 days before it was suppose to be released.
3 days? nope.
China is a huge country, and they will need to fill the warehouses like a month before the release date, if they want the games in the stores on time.
Now, once a S/M cart touches China, it will be stolen, dumped, uploaded online.

Reactions: Deleted User

BurningDesire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly here is how I see it. We're not getting anything before at least a week before the release. Sure China is getting it but who knows how long it will take us to find it from a Chinese website. (Unless we have a active dumper who can speak Chinese) Also, why would you want it dumped early? It would ruin the fun for the rest of the internet. If the game leaks so does the plot. Then you have to basically stay off the internet that week to not get spoiled. Remember Batman V Superman? Sure it wasn't leaked but every comment section of every youtube video spoiled how it ended. Wouldn't you think the same would happened to the most anticipated pokemon game ever?

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Incredibly unlikely. The game is only two months away, just have some patience, you've made it this long, you can wait a little longer.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
1. Yes.
2. Not the correct place to ask.

3 days? nope.
China is a huge country, and they will need to fill the warehouses like a month before the release date, if they want the games in the stores on time.
Now, once a S/M cart touches China, it will be stolen, dumped, uploaded online.
Refer to previous replies

I am a manager over Entertainment in a Wal*Mart. I have to follow the market on all forms of entertainment and I also oversee video games/phone releases.

Fair enough, I wasn't on the up and up on 3DS hacking last year, so I wasn't aware of any leaks. I just know that stores tend to get about a week before hand. At least the stores in my marketing direct.

I am not saying it's impossible for the games to leaked, just stating the facts I do know about the market. Anything outside of my little bubble is not something I can really speak on behalf of.
I only know the rules within my marketing district. Thus I am mostly speculating that most stores follow a similar pattern. But I know they aren't all the same. Such as, my store got Smash a week early, but the others in my area got it 3 days before launch.
Like I said, I am only stating the facts that I know in my marketing area, anything outside of my bubble I can not speak on behalf of.

Reactions: ih8ih8sn0w
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la