Hacking Can the Xplorer 360 Guitar be used?

RedHero

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It's probably not possible, but I'm wondering if the wired Xplorer Guitar Hero Guitar for Xbox 360 can be used on the Wii. It has to be connected through USB, and the Wii has a USB port.

Anyhow, if it's not possible, could someone explain me why it's not possible?

solcott

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Kazakhstan
Like Apekop said, yes it is theoretically "possible" to use it because the guitar follows the USB-HID standard and using any USB-HID device is "possible" but it would not be useful for anything because there is more than likely no software written to use the device.

GuitarFun on the PC supports that guitar, so it may also work with the Wii port of GuitarFun, and it would probably work as a USB gamepad in a Wii Linux build.

So yeah, it is a usable, working device, there just isn't anything that it can be used for yet.

RedHero

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well, that's good to know then. Now I just have to hope someone can make it work some how with Guitar Hero and Rock Band >.

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
GH- not likely. There would have to be a USB driver. Maybe if it is implemented in a new GH game and we could reverse-engineer the Xbox 360 guitar signals so that the game could accept it, maybe.

Rock Band, it's not likely, but I don't know. Your best bet would probably be an as-of-now unreleased homebrew game.

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
EVen if someone manage to implement a driver for this, the Guitar controller driver is currently implemented IN the game, which means you would have to do some kind of reverse-engineering and then patch the game itself, if this is even possible

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • K3Nv2
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, it wasnt aimed at you but ok