ROM Hack Can some1 help me with HG/SS hacking?

FearAddict

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hai all,

First of all i want to say that im not that good in english, srry.
But i got a question, Im going to make a mod for HG/SS and i would like to put some more legendary interactable pokemon in it. I've searched all over this forum and couldnt find anything here nor on the web. If any1 know how to do it can you explain me?

Thanks in advance.

Black-Ice

Founder of the Church of Renamon
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You can swap the sprites and text around from other interactibles but i'm not sure you can make any out of the blue.

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was experimenting with HG/SS hacking and wrote a tutorial on scripting. I was creating events and npcs for battles and everything. basically, you could make a completely new game within the same regions. and yes, you can add completely new events from scratch.

I don't know what happened to the text file with all of my info in it, though. :c
might rewrite it someday, if its wanted.

Here's an excerpt I found from my tutorial using PPRE.
Now, to make a neat legendary battle. Let's have a... Raikou. Be sure to set the correct overworld for Raikou. Here is what we need to add to the base script:

Cryfr 243[Index number of the Pokemon] 0[Keep this as a zero always]
Waitcry[This let's the cry finish before anything else happens]
CloseMsgOnKeyPress
WildBattle2 243[Pokemon Index Number] 40[Level] 0[Shiny, 0=No, 256=Yes]

Here's the completed example script for a wild Raikou event:
Lockall
Faceplayer
Cryfr 243 0
Waitcry
CloseMsgOnKeyPress
WildBattle2 243 40 0
Releaseall
End

This would be attached to a Raikou overworld sprite, and when you talk to it, it will battle.

There's still things like flags that I need to learn, but other than that with enough effort/motivation I myself could create a nice little demo with just the default maps and characters, with a new story. I'll definitely see about that tutorial and update it as needed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.theverge.com/2024/7/26/24206529/intel-13th-14th-gen-crashing-instability-cpu-voltage-q-a +1