1. MionissNio

OP MionissNio GBAtemp Fan

So I'm like thinking of getting the switch but it's a heavy investment in my country (600 USD approx) do I have some questions about the system.

Has anyone tried connecting external hard drive yet of so what happens?

Does the switch work with other USB c to HDMI adaptors?

Does anyone Android phone work with the dock?

I have small hands, would the jiycon grip be comfortable?

Is the screen really prone to scratching easily (not onlyvdock)? Cause I have long nails I fear it will scratch them.

Does USB GameCube controller work?(the one which was made for smash.

How long does it take to charge?

2. daxtsu

daxtsu GBAtemp Guru

Antarctica
    Nothing, the Switch doesn't react at all yet.

What do you mean? For charging purposes, or trying to somehow use it for HDMI? That's a vague question.

I have modestly sized hands and don't really have any issues using it, but if you can afford it at some point, I'd suggest getting a Pro Controller if you plan using on a more traditional controller (it has built-in motion controls, so you can still do those special sections of Zelda puzzles).

Mine took like 4 hours to charge, I think. I didn't have a clock sitting next to it or anything though, so my estimation might be off.

I left out the questions I didn't have an answer for.

peteruk likes this.
  3. Justin20020

Justin20020 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Germany
    I tried to charge the switch via powerbank and the usb-c cable from the pro controller. There comes up the sign that the switch will be charged but it doesn't charge at all. The same result come if I plug the usb-c cable to an samsung or apple adapter. To me, the switch charge only by the dock

4. daxtsu

daxtsu GBAtemp Guru

Antarctica
    It will also charge from the mains adapter that came with the console without needing to be attached to the dock, but that's a given. :P

5. Justin20020

Justin20020 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Germany
    Yes, I forgot to mention this. But for me it's really uncomfortable to charge switch with the main adapter if you're on a trip for 4hrs. I hope, we will get more information if it's possible to charge the switch with a powerbank :/

daxtsu likes this.
  6. Xzi

Xzi GBAtemp's Resident Plok Expert

United States
    It is possible, you'll just need a better output than standard power banks. Any USB-C power bank that does up to 5v3a will charge the Switch while playing. Less than that, say your typical 1a or 2a USB wall plug/power bank, and you might get up to an extra 50% play time out of portable mode, but the battery will still slowly drain. It also takes a lot longer to recharge on a plug like this (up to 8 hours vs 3 with the official power plug).

Last edited by Xzi, Mar 5, 2017
  7. MionissNio

OP MionissNio GBAtemp Fan

So power bankss instead of charging become batteries Great....

What about other USB c phones do they charge with the dock?

8. Xzi

Xzi GBAtemp's Resident Plok Expert

United States
    I don't have any other USB-C devices to test on it, but I'd guess no. There are specific connections the Switch makes to get the USB-C input to pop up from the dock. Nothing would stop you from just popping the power out from the dock and into another USB-C device, of course. The Switch pro controller also comes with a USB-C to USB-A cord which will work for charging Switch and other USB-C devices.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Questions, switch, answer