Hacking Can RXTools be installed on a new3ds thats on 9.2?

smaciaz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you copy your emuNAND from the old SD to the new SD?
no, because the tutorial they have on here with that usb tool and partition thing i dont understand it. i tried doing it from scratch verything from homebrew and coldboot works fine its just reinand starts and gives me an error to hold power down to turn off 3ds

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Either you aren't using the latest Reinand or you're missing some files. Do you have everything reinand-related from your working SD card copied over? Maybe you're using a reinand version that relies on the new slotkey, which in that case you should either update reinand (preferably) or double-check that you copied that file over.

Otherwise, just do a complete EmuNAND9 setup on the new card, use EmuNAND Tool (Or EmuNAND9) to inject your original EmuNAND.bin to the new SD card, then copy all your files over.

You'll want to use v1.0.1 EmuNAND Tool if you decide to go that route, by the way: For some reason, the newer versions of EmuNAND Tool have a difficult time finding cards formatted with EmuNAND9.

Rosselman

Spooky Skeleton
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
no, because the tutorial they have on here with that usb tool and partition thing i dont understand it. i tried doing it from scratch verything from homebrew and coldboot works fine its just reinand starts and gives me an error to hold power down to turn off 3ds
Are you using the latest Release of ReiNand, and the latest firmware.bin?
In any case, RxTools works, but doesn't support emuNAND above 9.5.

smaciaz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you using the latest Release of ReiNand, and the latest firmware.bin?
In any case, RxTools works, but doesn't support emuNAND above 9.5.
what i used was reinand 2.1 if im not mistaken. is it outdated?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Either you aren't using the latest Reinand or you're missing some files. Do you have everything reinand-related from your working SD card copied over? Maybe you're using a reinand version that relies on the new slotkey, which in that case you should either update reinand (preferably) or double-check that you copied that file over.

Otherwise, just do a complete EmuNAND9 setup on the new card, use EmuNAND Tool (Or EmuNAND9) to inject your original EmuNAND.bin to the new SD card, then copy all your files over.

You'll want to use v1.0.1 EmuNAND Tool if you decide to go that route, by the way: For some reason, the newer versions of EmuNAND Tool have a difficult time finding cards formatted with EmuNAND9.
reinand 2.1 is it outdated?

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what i used was reinand 2.1 if im not mistaken. is it outdated?

reinand 2.1 is it outdated?
The latest version is actually 3.2b, and it auto-generates some stuff you need to get it running. If you google for reinand and find its github page, the github page links the (copyrighted) firmware.bin and pre-compiled 3.0 build.

smaciaz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The latest version is actually 3.2b, and it auto-generates some stuff you need to get it running. If you google for reinand and find its github page, the github page links the (copyrighted) firmware.bin and pre-compiled 3.0 build.
well now im getting a black screen when reinand lauches btw i am using this tutorial but i switched the 2.1 reinand to the newest one with the firmware.bin as well maybe i am doing something wrong

i posted the video tutorial i used om here maybe im doing something wrong but i used the new reinand and fimrware.bin and now i get black screen when reinand launches

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: