Can Pasta CFW be done with Ocarina of time and an R4i save dongle instead of Cubic Ninja?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by duffmmann, Jun 19, 2015.

1. duffmmann
    OP

duffmmann GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 11, 2009
    United States
    I ask, because I understand Ocarina of Time can be exploited in some way similar to Cubic Ninja, but I can't find the page that said as much, and I had read somewhere that you can indeed do Pasta CFW from the Ocarina exploit instead of Cubic Ninja. is that true? If so, what is the procedure? I ask because I recently upgraded from a standard 3DS to the new 3DS XL, and I already have both Cubic Ninja and Ocarina of Time 3DS carts, as well as one of those R4i 3DS save dongles that I had gotten for free a few years ago. Both 3DS are properly hacked with Cubic Ninja, but I want to give my buddy my old 3DS and if he's going to hack his when I'm not around so he can't use Cubic Ninja, I was hoping I could instead leave him with Ocarina of Time and whatever the procedure is to hack it in that way.

Thanks for any help!!

2. VerseHell

VerseHell GBAtemp Psycho!

Jun 29, 2014
    France
    Nope, but on a O3DS you can use the patched rxTools version which doesn't require CN.

3. duffmmann
    OP

duffmmann GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 11, 2009
    United States
    What does that entail? My O3DS is on firmware 9.2.0-20U

4. VerseHell

VerseHell GBAtemp Psycho!

Jun 29, 2014
    France