OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey,
I'm playing with the though to buy a black UK Wii in the next few days. My only concern: Is it flashable? I read here that one can't install Botmii for example, and now I'm wondering if I should instead buy a white Wii, because I want to play backups from my hdd and stuff. I hope someone can answer my question =)

Regards

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
Don´t know exactly about the PAL(German) release of the black Wii but I have 2 black japanese Wiis which can do everything what a white one can do, can be hacked.

Just buy it and try it. If its not working you have 2 weeks(after the day of purchase) to bring it back where you bought it and get your money back.(Konsumentenschutzgesetz).

No risk for you!

Jul3s

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
G0dLiKe said:
Don´t know exactly about the PAL(German) release of the black Wii but I have 2 black japanese Wiis which can do everything what a white one can do, can be hacked.

Just buy it and try it. If its not working you have 2 weeks(after the day of purchase) to bring it back where you bought it and get your money back.(Konsumentenschutzgesetz).

No risk for you!
Thanks for the quick reply, but I should have made myself a bit more clearer: I'm going to buy an UK WII. Sorry for that.

norain

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jul3s said:
G0dLiKe said:

No risk for you!
Thanks for the quick reply, but I should have made myself a bit more clearer: I'm going to buy an UK WII. Sorry for that.

Every brand new Wii comes with either 4.0 or 4.2... both of which can be hacked. So I don't see a problem.

Boot2 is blocked on every new Wii *regardless* of whether it's black or white (so there's probably a 70% chance that any brand new Wii you pick up will have Boot2 blocked) so it really doesn't matter.

The good news is you don't NEED boot2 to hack the Wii. You can backup your nand by installing BootMii to IOS instead of Boot2. And getting the homebrew channel doesn't really change.

So if you want black... then it's probably worth the shot of getting black and doing what you need to do to get it working.

kh4tri

Trophies
XP
Country
i have a pal black wii.

i have manaed to backup the nand, install the homebrew channel, but i just cant get my usb loader gx channel to work, plug in my harddrive, but just get balck screen

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
kh4tri said:
i have a pal black wii.

i have manaed to backup the nand, install the homebrew channel, but i just cant get my usb loader gx channel to work, plug in my harddrive, but just get balck screen

Did you install a cIOS?

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
kh4tri said:
i have a pal black wii.

Tried reinstalling cIOS 38? This will mostly solve your black screen...

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Most black pal wii's come with d3-2 drives. So everything works except burnt disks. Mine modded perfectly
smile.gif

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
KiiWii said:
Most black pal wii's come with d3-2 drives. So everything works except burnt disks. Mine modded perfectly
smile.gif

My 2 black jpn ones can play burned media, maybe this is for the new PAL and NTSC ones.

kh4tri

Trophies
XP
Country
G0dLiKe said:
kh4tri said:
i have a pal black wii.

Tried reinstalling cIOS 38? This will mostly solve your black screen...

if tried to install cIOS 38, but when it loads it says iso249, and wii just freezes

kh4tri

Trophies
XP
Country
yahoo

my black wii is all softmodded and working fine.

i deleted the iso222,223,249,250 via anytitledeleter and reinstalled the wads, then reinstalled cISO38 and working fine now. had over 100 games on my harddrive and now am a happy bunny.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-