Hacking Can Nintendo ban gateway users?

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sigh, this is what ticks me off on GBATemp, according to Gateway3DS's website:

- Can you play multiplayer local and mostly online?
Yes, but we advise not to use online features

- Do the game keep internet capacity?
Yes, but we advise not to use online features

For all we know, nintendo could have figured something out about how it may work and blocked online for it just like they sort of blocked the exploit with 5.X or online could have just never worked plain and simple and gateway was lying. Who knows.

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The thing is, when me and Devin did the Gateway reviews and tested online, the online gave us both Nintendo error codes (002-0123) so online does not really work yet. Local multiplayer does though.

That's what I've read, too.

Personally, I don't think it's very wise to go online with a hacked console. If you look at the PS3's scene, if you go online, you're likely to get banned.

Certainly, without user credentials on-system and the lack of user accounts, I'd think going online with a nintendo 3ds would be far less riskier than on Sony's consoles.

But as most people will tell you about hacked systems,

Either update to play online
or
Enjoy your hacked features.

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's what I've read, too.

Personally, I don't think it's very wise to go online with a hacked console. If you look at the PS3's scene, if you go online, you're likely to get banned.

Certainly, without user credentials on-system and the lack of user accounts, I'd think going online with a nintendo 3ds would be far less riskier than on Sony's consoles.

But as most people will tell you about hacked systems,

Either update to play online
or
Enjoy your hacked features.

The risk is certainly smaller, yes, but even so I personally think it's silly to do so. And a lot of people don't seem to grasp either playing online or getting the ability to play backups... *sigh*

Reactions: Thirty3Three

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No it still is a moot point. If you keep your wifi switch off it doesn't matter if you are banned or not. Thus it is a moot point to make.

No it's not.

You're replying to me as if I'm talking about the online functions.

No.

Most people will tell you (From other scenes)

If you want to play online, upgrade your system
if not
Enjoy your hacked console.

You're not very smart if you're not understanding what I'm saying. Take a seat and chill out for a few.

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The risk is certainly smaller, yes, but even so I personally think it's silly to do so. And a lot of people don't seem to grasp either playing online or getting the ability to play backups... *sigh*

Thank you.

You get it!

Look at the guy I've been replying to. He's been one of those guys. And quite frankly. calling my logic "moot" is pretty frustrating. I've been trying to help.

I agree with you, 100%

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you.

You get it!

Look at the guy I've been replying to. He's been one of those guys. And quite frankly. calling my logic "moot" is pretty frustrating. I've been trying to help.

I agree with you, 100%

Nah, dude, I've known that since like... five years ago, probably even longer. It's common sense. Play online, then fine, upgrade the console. Better yet, have two of them if you're that much of a fanatic. :P If you're that scared, just keep the Wifi switch off, even though the Gateway actually blocks the update notifier, which is fantastic! :)

Yamagushi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you.

You get it!

I agree with you, 100%
The point it to not get banned playing with it online. You are not giving a solution. You might as well be saying "If you leave the battery dead and it off you won't get banned." You're over-stating the obvious. Shutting off your wifi switch is not a solution.

Reactions: Obveron and NEP

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nah, dude, I've known that since like... five years ago, probably even longer. It's common sense. Play online, then fine, upgrade the console. Better yet, have two of them if you're that much of a fanatic. :P If you're that scared, just keep the Wifi switch off, even though the Gateway actually blocks the update notifier, which is fantastic! :)

I agree! Man, you sum things up way better than I ever could, haha! I've spent the last 3 posts, quoting that dude, trying to say exactly what you've said above^

:P

Long-Story-Short, if you want GateWay, don't expect online features to work. It's too bad people can't grasp that and feel the need to ask for more from the team, ya know?

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The point it to not get banned playing with it online. You are not giving a solution. You might as well be saying "If you leave the battery dead and it off you won't get banned." You're over-stating the obvious. Shutting off your wifi switch is not a solution.

I'm just not going to reply to you...

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree! Man, you sum things up way better than I ever could, haha! I've spent the last 3 posts, quoting that dude, trying to say exactly what you've said above^

:P

Long-Story-Short, if you want GateWay, don't expect online features to work. It's too bad people can't grasp that and feel the need to ask for more from the team, ya know?

No offense to the Gateway team though, their online comment was a bit ambiguous. :P And I can confirm these results because I tested some 20 games and their online capabilities. Definitely would hold out for now and see what they can come out with. :P

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The wifi switch was more of a generic workaround to the updater notification. And I've seen MANY complaints of people who go, BAWWWW my kid accidentally pressed the a button and now my console is doomed to hell on 6.2. And as of right now online is a bit dodgy with the Gateway cart, and it is best to really not use it in its current state. In an ideal world, I'd love to play online and not get banned, but right now, the way things are, it's just not possible.

Reactions: Thirty3Three

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No offense to the Gateway team though, their online comment was a bit ambiguous. :P And I can confirm these results because I tested some 20 games and their online capabilities. Definitely would hold out for now and see what they can come out with. :P

Oh, I agree! They should've stated that within their information listed :P

But also,

some people here are not very tech-smart and maybe it was a move made to protect more technologically-ignorant individuals from updating ya know?

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, I agree! They should've stated that within their information listed :P

But also,

some people here are not very tech-smart and maybe it was a move made to protect more technologically-ignorant individuals from updating ya know?

Oh, they did, but not in the best manner. Definitely needed more elaboration.

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I sure agree with that statement! :]

My Gateway should be here this week, and I'm really looking forward to testing it out!

I tested that thing straight to hell last week. :P Definitely is a nice item to have, and worth it as I have a ton of games I can catch up on.

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tested that thing straight to hell last week. :P Definitely is a nice item to have, and worth it as I have a ton of games I can catch up on.

Sounds like it was worth the 80 bucks then? c;

I'm just really excited to see what the team does with the cart in the near future, come the big releases, you know?

They released a region-bypass and a spoofer while people thought it was impossible, so I'm sure they can get games like AC:NL, PX/Y and Zelda to work, oh yes! It may take some time but it'll work eventually!

Hell, they've got kernal access! haha!

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like it was worth the 80 bucks then? c;

I'm just really excited to see what the team does with the cart in the near future, come the big releases, you know?

They released a region-bypass and a spoofer while people thought it was impossible, so I'm sure they can get games like AC:NL, PX/Y and Zelda to work, oh yes! It may take some time but it'll work eventually!

Hell, they've got kernal access! haha!

Heh, I didn't have to pay for mine... And it definitely has potential. Potential that I am hoping gets used.

Gurjas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for making up my mind im probably either gonna get a gateway and 3ds now or wait until christmas then after im done with all my jrps im gonna format and update FOR POKEMONNNN :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, lol +1