Gaming Can modded 360 play orignal xbox backups?

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes , but they have to be backed up just like 360 games are and have to be on dual layer discs. Unless you use the old xtreme 5.x samsung firmware that has support for single layer.

Drkirby

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Armadillo said:
Yes , but they have to be backed up just like 360 games are and have to be on dual layer discs. Unless you use the old xtreme 5.x samsung firmware that has support for single layer.
So would old backups copied onto dual layer disks work?

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Armadillo said:

ouch, that would be majorly costly using dual layers for old xbox games.

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
jalaneme said:
ouch, that would be majorly costly using dual layers for old xbox games.
$1.5 per blank dual layer disc? Unless you have like 100 old xbox games to burn, you can live with one less buck, or half a pound.

I've seen old xbox games on 360 channel that say formatted to run on 360, but the one I tested didn't work. (DVDMulleter said not IExtreme compatible as well)
But that was just one, and probably I picked a fake one.

beedog19

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes they can play xbox originals but I don't know the process of converting a regular xbox original to a ixtreme compatible one. Does anyone here have any clue? I've been looking for a tutorial for a while now.

Bob Loblaw

Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Like I said, it has to have random padding for iXtreme. This is a luck thing. It either has it or doesn't, unfortunately. You can't give it random padding.

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
Bob Loblaw said:
Like I said, it has to have random padding for iXtreme. This is a luck thing. It either has it or doesn't, unfortunately. You can't give it random padding.

But when using Mulleter (the only program I know to convert xbox1 ISO's to X360 ISO's) dont have an option to include Random Padding and its default option for do so has Zero Padding and thus generates non-iXtreme compatible ISO's, even if you original xbox1 image HAS random padding.

anyway to save random padding in process of converting xbox1 ISO to xbox360 DVD9 ISO?

Thnx!
rolleyes.gif

Bob Loblaw

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well Mulleter will never say an XBOX1 back up is iXtreme compatible. Something about the database. But if it has random padding and is a DVD9 and is xtreme compatible then it should play on iXtreme as well.

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
thnx bob,
As mentioned earlier, the problem is that when I convert it into DVD9 XBOX 360 image, its random padding disappears.

Any solution to do so?

Bob Loblaw

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hmm maybe try this method:

This tutorial will explain how to convert a xBox game.iso into a compatible iXtreme.iso for xBox 360.
Programs:

* XDVDMulleter 10.2
* IsoBuster
* Daemon

More or less the process needs approximatly 15GB of free HDD space; and I'm assuming that you have already the ss, dmi and pfi files to be injected into the .iso.
Let's begin with extracting the xbox.iso game to a folder.
Once the .iso is extracted run XDVDMulleter, select 'View ISO details' and click 'next'. From 'Load ISO Folder', browse and load the xbox.iso in the 'Use Current Folder' and click 'next' to check if the xBox.iso has 'Random Padding'.
Random Padding is very important, without it, will be not possible to have a successful iXtreme.iso

Click next to go back to the main menu, select 'Build/Rebuild files in ISO' and click 'next', select and load the xbox.iso as before, click 'next' and choose 'Create a DVD9 ISO with zero padding (Xtreme compatible + Video)', 'next' and XDVDMulleter will check if the XBE is valid, click 'next' until you get to 'Make ISO' and click on it.
*Tutorial name: Mulleter.iso
Note: You don't need at this time to load the ss.bin, dmi.bin or pfi.bin files

After XDVDMulleter has finished, open 'My Computer' and right click on the virtual drive to mount the Mulleter.iso
*Tutorial virtual disk: J:

Run IsoBuster and select the virtual drive

Click 'Options' and then 'Communication', a new window will pop up, click on 'Read Settings' and set everything to 1 and click 'OK'

Right click on the main folder, on the left window,

and select 'Extract DVD ', then click 'User Data (*.tao,*.iso)'

Name the file and use .iso as extension, Don't press 'Save' yet
*Tutorial name: IsoBuster.iso

From 'My Computer' right click on the virtual drive and mount the xBox.iso, once it has loaded it, go back to IsoBuster and click 'Save'.
After a while IsoBuster will report an error. Just select 'Replace with dummy data' and 'Always apply selection', click 'Selection'

When IsoBuster has finished, it will ask you to delete some files, (Choose 'No')

and to save the .cue file. (you don't need it)

You can now delete those files:

* xBox.iso
* Mulleter.iso

Now let's run again XDVDMulleter and select 'Build/Rebuild files in ISO' click 'next' and load from 'Load ISO Folder' the IsoBuster.iso in the 'Use Current Folder', 'next' and select 'Create a cloned DVD9 ISO (Xtreme compatible if the source is good)', click 'Yes' when prompted. In the next window load the ss.bin file from your folder and click 'next', so for the dmi.bin and the pfi.bin files, click 'next' and press on 'Make ISO'.
When it's all done, check with XDVDMulleter the .iso to see, that it has become an iXtreme compatible image.

Burn and play.

Enjoy~

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
THNX BOB!
I tried those steps and I finally got a fully check marked ISO with Mulleter and I was so happy that I couldnt even burn the game.

but that didnt last long, as soon as I burnt it with CloneCD and put it in my drive, AGAIN it showed me the very first error message, that

"this original xbox game is not supported on your xbox 360 an update my be available for more info go to www.xbox.com/game
x:5829.0 & b:1884.0"

I checked the disc again in my drive, its still the fully check marked disc, whats the problem now?

the only thing I can think of is that somewhere in Mulleter, it told me that my xbox1 image has some invalid XBE or XBC (cant remember) files and said it might not be good. (maybe thats why this xbox1 is modified to run in modded xbox1 consoles).

I'M SO DOWN, this was my last DVD9 disc and they are f**in expensive here.

so desperate.

Bob Loblaw

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think the problem now is maybe that you need to update your 360 with whatever the latest update M$ has out is. Or possibly the game is not supported by the emulator. I think if you go to xbox.com you can check what original xbox games are playable and which ones aren't. Might just not be a compatible xbox original
frown.gif

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
thnx bob, i've done that update and the game (shenmue II) is listed on supported BC games.

Do you have any idea where I can find original xbc file of that game? (of course without downloading it since I'm on dial up)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4 +1