Hacking Can i use SX OS 2.5 and emunand with switch on 1.0.0 fw?

Frieren

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I don't want to update my 1.0.0 switch. So, if i buy sx pro can use it with 1.0.0 fw to create emunand? Can i update 1.0.0 emunand to 6.2 without updating cartridge slot and burning fuse?
I read that old versions sx os doesn't work with <3.0.0 fw. And i read stories about auto-updating cartridge slot after running >4.1.0 emunand. But i can't find any clear information about latest sx os and <3.0.0 fw and possible issues.
Sorry for my terrible english.

aak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have a 2.3.0. i have the new rcmloader dongle. can i just buy sx os and use create emunand and update that to latest
(bypassing the whole choidojournx thing)?

if yes then is an easy and better way on remaining on lower fw

snam11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My 1.0 runs fine with rcmx86 chip, emunand 6.2 and sx 2.5 (i'll test 2.5.1 soon).
If i have to play phisical games i boot ofw, all the rest with cfw, so it will not update the cartridge reader

aak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@snam11 and @lucks so did you use choidojour at any point during your setup? or was it straight foward like buy sx os insert dongle create emunand and update the emunand to latest.

and how easy was it to shift back to the original firmare to play a game lets say zelda botw?

any detail method would be really helpful thanks

snam11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I started with sx 2.4.1 beta:
With 1.0 fw, the emunand will be a straight copy of your actual sysnand (i used files copy on sd folder) ,
So at first emunand boot, horizon (settings/games/saves) will be same as sysnand. I did a reset setting, and a reboot.right after it i used choi to update it to latest 6.2.
Updated sx to 2.5, and when the system prompted to update joycon i did it.
Since 6.2 i've never used phisical games on emunand to prevent cartridge update.

If i want to play zelda i boot ofw, all the rest with emunand (also a copy of zelda xci+dlc+update)

Last edited by snam11,

aak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so you used choi to update sysnand to 6.2 or emunand 6.2?

if you used choi for emunand then why did you use choi at all. just update normally on emunand. or is there some issue with it?

snam11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ofw is still 1.0, just emunand on latest 6.2.
I used choi because i guess is the only way to update the sysnand/emunand offline.

lucks

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
choidojour to update your emunand.
Disable emunand or boot up your switch with no dongle/rcm to boot ofw

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.