Hacking Can I use SDcard for ISOs, USB stick for loader?

SquareWheel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have been trying to use loaders off of a USB stick and mount ISOs from my SD card, but when it mounts the SD it always says "Connection to WBFS lost". Am I going about this the wrong way? Also, what filesystem should I use on my USB stick?

Thanks.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
SquareWheel said:
I have been trying to use loaders off of a USB stick and mount ISOs from my SD card, but when it mounts the SD it always says "Connection to WBFS lost". Am I going about this the wrong way? Also, what filesystem should I use on my USB stick?

sd card is quite slow, you'd be better off putting the games on usb.
you can put the loader and the games on a fat32 partition on the usb stick.

SquareWheel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Some follow up question:

1) I thought the loader and games had to be on separate hardware, or at least separate partitions. They can be on the exact same partition?

2) I only have a 4GB USB stick, although I have an 8GB SD card, can I compress the Wii ISO to run off of my USB stick?

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
SquareWheel said:
1) I thought the loader and games had to be on separate hardware, or at least separate partitions. They can be on the exact same partition?

2) I only have a 4GB USB stick, although I have an 8GB SD card, can I compress the Wii ISO to run off of my USB stick?

With FAT32 you convert the ISO to WBFS files, games like wii sports are really small & you'll be able to fit a couple on.

Bigger games you'll need to use that SD card. You should be able to put the loader on the SD card as well, as long as you can find a loader that works with SD and FAT32. You're in the minority, most people just buy cheap external hard drives. Even a 16gb stick isn't that expensive.

SquareWheel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
DarkWay said:
I have the loader on my SD and I run games from an SD card and a USB stick works like a charm
This is exactly what I got to work. I finally had the brilliant idea to format the USB to WBFS and put the loader on the SD card and that actually worked.

I think I'll buy a small HDD in the future, but rent is coming up in a week. =/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-