Hacking Can I use one ext hdd for both Wii U and Wii backups in vWii mode?

R1SKbreaker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm in the process of hacking my Wii U's vWii mode. I have a 2 TB external hdd for the Wii U when I inevitably run out of space. I'm going to put my GameCube ISOs and Wii ISOs on an external hard drive. Was hoping to be able to put that on the same drive that I use for my digital games on my Wii U. I could put the GameCube games on a SD card if I have to. Is it possible to put everything on one external hdd?

R1SKbreaker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure I completely understand that. So you use that program to mask a partition on the hard drive meant for homebrew? The unmasked part is for the Wii U digital software? So normally what happens is the Wii U wants to format anything it finds on the drive other than for Wii U? So using this software you linked, I can use both and the only thing that will recognize the data other than Wii U stuff is the homebrew channel?

D

Deleted User

Not sure I completely understand that. So you use that program to mask a partition on the hard drive meant for homebrew? The unmasked part is for the Wii U digital software? So normally what happens is the Wii U wants to format anything it finds on the drive other than for Wii U? So using this software you linked, I can use both and the only thing that will recognize the data other than Wii U stuff is the homebrew channel?

If I understand what you're asking (can you put WiiU data and vWii data on the same drive) the answer is no at this time.

The WiiU side encrypts whatever drive you're using which makes it unreadable by the vWii side.

R1SKbreaker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah that's what I'm trying to do. Figured that was the case. Thanks. Can I put GameCube and Wii games on one HDD to be read in vWii mode on something like USB Loader GX?

Arecaidian Fox

fox-ott
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, GameCube and Wii games can both be read off an external HDD. Just make sure to change the path settings for GameCube ISOs in USBLGX. Though I will say from my own personal experience it is much easier to simply run GameCube games off an SD card.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

R1SKbreaker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for your help. I'm going to try to put GameCube and Wii games on the same HDD before I put it on my SD card. I'll find a way. Just have to wait for it to come in the mail. I know I gotta make a different partition, and make the one for GameCube in FAT32 and as primary. I'll look up the rest when I get the extHDD.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for your help. I'm going to try to put GameCube and Wii games on the same HDD before I put it on my SD card. I'll find a way. Just have to wait for it to come in the mail. I know I gotta make a different partition, and make the one for GameCube in FAT32 and as primary. I'll look up the rest when I get the extHDD.

Actually, you don't. Format the entire thing to FAT32, and you can keep your Wii games in a "wbfs" folder and your GameCube games in a "games" folder

Reactions: R1SKbreaker

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.theverge.com/2024/7/26/24206529/intel-13th-14th-gen-crashing-instability-cpu-voltage-q-a +1