Hacking Question Can I use my old nintendo account on a new switch if my old one was hacked without getting banned?

BlastedGuy9905

where's the updated autopsy report
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've yet to find a definite answer to this. I've seen people saying that it will and that it won't but I'd like a more detailed answer explaining how and why it will/won't get the new switch banned.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I've yet to find a definite answer to this. I've seen people saying that it will and that it won't but I'd like a more detailed answer explaining how and why it will/won't get the new switch banned.
You can use your old account on a new Switch even if the old Switch was banned. At least that's what people who have called Nintendo up have been told.

BlastedGuy9905

where's the updated autopsy report
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can use your old account on a new Switch even if the old Switch was banned. At least that's what people who have called Nintendo up have been told.
Thank you!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

What if I had a custom hacked profile picture on the profile linked to my account? I assume that doesn't carry over?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Thank you!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

What if I had a custom hacked profile picture on the profile linked to my account? I assume that doesn't carry over?
I don't think so, as there's a separate icon for your local account and your Nintendo account. You can see the icon of your Nintendo account at https://accounts.nintendo.com/

theimortal1974

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sounds like for now only the systems are being banned and not the accounts. but if the newer switches get hacked and it goes crazy you can guarantee nintendo will start banning accounts not just consoles like sony does. sorry for responding to an old post. i saw this in a list of posts and wanted to add my two cents.

Last edited by theimortal1974,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo