Gaming Can I use ChickHEN with firmware 5.51?

DunkrWunkah

GBAtemp's Official Dunkr
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

I recently bought a PSP 2000, and I want to put custom firmware on it. I do not have a pandora battery, and I only want to get one if absolutely necessary. I have FIrmware ver. 5.51, and on Livin in a box's thread, I did not see anything for 5.51. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks.

FencingFoxFTW

Trophies
XP
Country
lol yeah I was editing when you ppl posted

I could swear it only said "I bought in at GameStop"

oh well...maybe someone can guide you if you post part of the serial number

EDIT:

just google the string
Code:
hackable psp-2000 serial numbers

I think you'll find enough info with that

DunkrWunkah

GBAtemp's Official Dunkr
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The serial number is AT030958067-PSP2001.

Thanks.
yaypsp.gif

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DunkrWunkah said:
The serial number is AT030958067-PSP2001.

Thanks.
yaypsp.gif

Your best way to get help quickly than each questions for too many pages ahead of you.. Go to:

http://www.psp-hacks.com/forums/f127/

They will answer your questions right away. They are highly experience and they helped me through my psp in 2 questions quicker!
smile.gif
They are awesome! Try go there.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    not gonna watch that if you don't mind but i believe you
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    alright
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    Ittt was in developement for longer than it should have, i did play the hunters first hunt demo which was different and released two years before the final version came out
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    how different was it?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    originally it was meant to have actual metroids and space pirates in it but they changed it over the course of developemtn, it got delayed due to them waiting for the network capabilities to be there fully to take advantage of the full network service etc which launched later
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    the demo has actual metroids in it too
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    it only has basically multiplayer stages/trials, the demo but still it wasn't too bad
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    you already said it had metroids
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but yea...I still enjoyed the final game... no i mean the demo might not have had them given it was demo but it did
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    there were still some metroid like enemies in the final, like those leeches or what they were
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    either way the story got changed a bit but still, you can progress in singleplayer in not strictly a linear way at some point you can pick a planet to go to first after the initial stuff...and it can be challenging...theres also a bad ending and a good ending with the second final boss fight
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    i like that its more action based and yet allows you more freedom than some of the later metroid games
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I think overall my personal favorites are the original gameboy metroid 2 and metroid hunters, thouh i havent played hunters for about a decade
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but still, what i played was great
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I also played other ds fps games like the call of duty ds games and goldeneye rogue agent
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    and im also convinced that it uses a heavily modified unreal engine that got changed...you see there was a cancelled nintendo 64 DD port of Unreal (due to N64DD not coming out) that was based on an alpha/beta version of Unreal but re-written almost completely
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    if you change the display mode it has some of the same graphical glitches like Unreal 0.83 had for example and I saw editor screenshots from one of the level designers
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    it looked to me like a heavily changed unreal editor
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    also it had some models for "mover" this and that and that is something Unreal uses for terminology
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I talked to this developer and when I revealed that, he stopped talking
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    mhm
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    probably because the engine got obtained via not a direct route and I suppose they didn't have a direct deal with epic and it was significatnly changed anyways
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but I saw what I saw lol. it seems to be still based on it just like proper metroid prime seems to be based on unreal warfare to some degree, the physics of the water are almost identical and other things
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    even if it became an "additive world" that actually was the default state of things in unreal until they changed it, and its still possible to hack it in any version of the game to not use subtractive model
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: even if it became an "additive world" that actually was the default state of things in unreal...