ROM Hack Can I use a save from Pokémon Black on Pokémon White?

Marsou77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I think you can just change the name of the .sav and it will works
smile.gif

shadowsiul

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i would not try becuse when i did it to hg and ss the filve got mess up but that just me i would advise back a backup of the save before doing it

fishykipper

pkmn breeder
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It works perfectly fine. You can use the '.sav' for either games. Just make sure its named the same as the .nds and you'll be fine.

Plus using the same .sav on each game means you can fill you pokedex up with the version only pokemon (just available in black/white), which makes filling the dex a lot quicker.

edit: terrible everything, lol

gumbyx84

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, according to reports on this very forum there are problems with using a White save with a Black ROM. Black City and White Forest are programmed into each game and which is available is determined by (what I assume to be) a flag in the save file. Bring a White save into Black and you will have the White Forest instead of Black City and vice-versa.

GameWinner

Take your heart
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It works but you'll have a glitched up White Forest/ Black City.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZD4CJJoBaGk&feature=related[/youtube]
Found this to show you

gumbyx84

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GameWinner said:
It works but you'll have a glitched up White Forest/ Black City.
*YT Vid*
Found this to show you
Yes it works. The video you linked to is in the post I talked about. The problem is you can never access the other area (Black City or White Forest) so you can run into problems. Im not saying it won't work, just give the TP a heads up of what will happen when he/she brings the save file in the other game. Also, flying to White Forest/Black City will cause a glitch (again according to the thread I linked to), which could crash the game and causes the save file to become corrupt.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://gfuel.com/products/goth-gf-collectors-box?utm_source=Klaviyo_campaign&utm_medium=email&ut...