1. Nenoss

OP Nenoss Newbie
    Newcomer

Uruguay
    My question comes from the fact that i do not currently have a Micro SD adapter for my PC.
    however, i know that Hekate has an option to connect the console to a PC and transfer files via USB.
    I was wondering if it was possible to update by replacing the Atmosphere and Sigpatches files for the new ones.

I doubt that would be the same for Hekate since i would already be using it at the time im sending the files and it would most probably crash, but maaaybe i could be wrong about that

Thanks in advance!

2. 1basti1

1basti1 GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    You can update Atmosphere and the sigpatches through hekate's USB MicroSD Mass storage options.

And don't know about hekate.
    What you can do is transfer hekate's files to some other folder on the MicroSD and use something like NX-Shell to copy the files to the right position in the OS.

3. onibaku

onibaku Lurker

Sweden
    I use the AIO switch updater to first update hekate (while in atmosphere), then go into hekate, usb mass storage tool and update atmosphere. Then i go back into AIO switch updater to update sigpatches (since i usually delete files instead of replacing when updating atmosphere). But yeah updating hekate through hekate may not work

4. kerelenko

kerelenko GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Yes you can. You can use:
    - hekate SD tools
    - DBI (personal choice)
    - nxmtp
    - sxos ftp
    - others

5. Aheago

Aheago Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    You can’t update Atmosphere via FTP anymore. System can’t be booted into it while updating

6. kidkat210

kidkat210 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Easiest way is to use AIO-switch-updater

7. Jayro

Jayro MediCat Dev and Gameboy Modder
    Developer

United States
    Why do it this way? The AIO updater can do all of this, and is probably the best choice for someone without access to a PC for their SD card.

8. onibaku

onibaku Lurker

Sweden
    But i thought its not possible to update atmosphere while running atmosphere anymore? I basically update everything apart from atmosphere through the AIO updater as i didnt see the option there

Last edited by onibaku, Feb 8, 2021
  9. Homlet

Homlet GBAtemp Fan

France
    technically correct, but AIO-switch-updater reboots to a payload to finalize the install. So you're not actually updating atmopshere while HOS is running

onibaku likes this.
  10. onibaku

onibaku Lurker

Sweden
    Ah alright, didnt know it was possible! Ill try it out next time, thanks for the tip :)

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Atmosphere, Sigpatches, update