Hacking Can I update Acekard to work on 1.4.2 without another DS

yusuo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I just bought an acekard today and plugged it into my DSI and I got an error screen, im guessing this is because im on 1.4.2, all my friends with DS's are also on 1.4.2 or 1.4.3 so they cant help, is there anyway I can make this work without using another DS

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
yusuo said:
I just bought an acekard today and plugged it into my DSI and I got an error screen, im guessing this is because im on 1.4.2, all my friends with DS's are also on 1.4.2 or 1.4.3 so they cant help, is there anyway I can make this work without using another DS
Yes. Use an AceKard (or other flashcart) that has already been updated to 1.4.2.

yusuo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
How the hell does that work how can i update the acekard with another flashcard, ive got a SCDS2 I use with my 3ds but I dont see how thats going to work

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
When you run the Acekard update software it asks you to eject the cart (while leaving the DS switched on) and replace it with the Acekard you intend to update. Then you press Start to actually do the deed.

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
yusuo said:
if i run the update on my scds2 all i got was the card cannot be updated

running the "ak2ifw_update_3ds_v2_DSi.nds" on supercard DStwo then switching the flashcards should allow you to update your Acekard
the idea of this is incase you brick your acekard its a way to unbrick it

yusuo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
as i said all i get is "This cartridge cannot be update.

It pops up as soon as I run "ak2ifw_update_3ds_v2_DSi.nds" on a dsi running 1.4.2e

HammerGuy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Actually, it only works if you're using a DS Lite or DS Phat and the ak2ifw_update_3ds_v2_DSL.nds. If you're using the ak2ifw_update_3ds_v2_DSi.nds it won't let you switch the card. You can only use the ak2ifw_update_3ds_v2_DSL if you're using a DS Lite or DS Phat.

Woodhouse

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Looks like he used a DSi to do the update, need to to take a DS man , because you need to switch the cards. Another, i saw another similar post just now ?

Capita_7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oddly enough I was able to update my cart with my dsi xl I would say put the firmware on the sd card and into the cart and try updating it and see what happens it worked for me unless holidaycarts.com updates their carts before hand but they dont state they do.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up