Hacking Can I transfer games straight from one USB drive to another?

mmik

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could I say, put games on my Wii's USB drive, then later connect it, and another drive to my computer, then copy files straight from one to another using a program?

ToddlerTN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes you can, but you won't be able to play them on another Wii.

Edit: I thought you meant SD. USB should not be a problem, they're just ISOs, right?

bula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mmik said:
Could I say, put games on my Wii's USB drive, then later connect it, and another drive to my computer, then copy files straight from one to another using a program?

Do you mean copying from one USB drive formatted with wbsf tool to the other?

mmik

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I mean using two properly formatted drives. I want to rent some games, and then later once my friend's wii is hackable (new wii), take them from my drive and put them on there for him.

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
possible in Linux environment but not in Windows OS or MAC for sure , cause trying to access the drive it will ask you to format first
wink.gif

wiiNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have not seen a GUI that allows you to do it, but with the command line, you can do it via some batch files (a very manual process):

wbfs ls -> to find game IDs

Then For each game ID:

wbfs -d extract -> Extract the game from one
wbfs -d add --> Add it to the other drive

This will take a LONG time if you have lots of games. I wish that WBFS supports a direct copy function of some sort.
Maybe some disk utility software that supports sector copying can also be used to duplicate the disk (don't know)

bula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mmik said:
Yes, I mean using two properly formatted drives. I want to rent some games, and then later once my friend's wii is hackable (new wii), take them from my drive and put them on there for him.

not possible in windows ... at least for now.

wiiNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm looking at the GUI WBFS-Tool v1.0.9, and it seems to allow one to transfer files from one WBFS disk to another. I don't have a second drive so I cannot test this. But this is also a wrapper for "wbfs", so it must do it the long way, that is "extract" from one and then "add" to the other.

bula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wiiNinja said:
I'm looking at the GUI WBFS-Tool v1.0.9, and it seems to allow one to transfer files from one WBFS disk to another. I don't have a second drive so I cannot test this. But this is also a wrapper for "wbfs", so it must do it the long way, that is "extract" from one and then "add" to the other.

saves you some time in typing few commends.....LOL. Would be nice to save directly from one to the other.

wiiNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Big Moe,

What's available in Linux, other than dd, that makes this process easier (faster)?
The "dd" command in Linux will allow you to duplicate the entire partition, but is there something else that one can use for copying single or multiple games?

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
wiiNinja said:
Big Moe,

What's available in Linux, other than dd, that makes this process easier (faster)?
The "dd" command in Linux will allow you to duplicate the entire partition, but is there something else that one can use for copying single or multiple games?
dd is what I meant buddy , and yes it will back up the entire partition , but not a single file at a time , or multiple files at a time , but in other OS like windows you will not be able to do that cause the OS does not recognize your partition other than RAW and will ask to format before access
wink.gif

wiiv1.5owners3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is possible you need wbfs-tool 1.0.13 lets you move from one wbfs formatted drive to another using windows vista takes a while but works the only issue im having is i cant rename the files on the second drive E.G Avatar_09 but on first drive i renamed to Avatar into the inferno it wont let me rename.

wolffangalchemist

This is bat country!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think you can use the cat command in terminal too in Linux.
say your wbfs drive with games on it is sdb and the one without is sdc.
Code:
 cat /dev/sdb > /dev/sdc
if i'm not wrong that should work as well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: Still a few hours left until I can go home and play some more Stellar Blade :'(