Hacking Can I get wii shop channel games?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SonicShadow77

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was wondering if there was a way to get games on the wii that you would normally have to buy from the wii shop channel. Say, for example, I wanted Mario 64 on my wii, (since I know it was on the wii shop), and wanted to get it somehow. Is there some way to get that channel now that the wii store is down? (Keep in mind that I have homebrew, in case i need to do something with it, and also that Mario 64 was only an example). Please, any help will be appreciated. :)

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Those are .wad files and we can’t tell you where to get them as that breaks rules. There are also known as wiiware. I’m sure you can find packs of them still. You’ll also need a wad installer.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
like the person abode said the channel is dead and the servers are dead which means forget about that.

however if you know something that was being downloaded there like mario 64 n64 you can easily just google
mario64 wad and you will find the file and use a wad installer to install it.

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Wad Manager + Wad Files is what you need in order to install virtual console games.

Being the subject the Nintendo Wii Shop, and considering you're implying access to Virtual Console games, then my answer is literally what you need.

On the other hand, if you tried to imply that you want to play roms, Retroarch + Legally dumped roms of cartridges you own + the explicit permission of game companies to create authorized copies of games you own... is what you need.

Remember folks: Say no to piracy. This site nor I endorse nor recommends this type of behaviour.

But with all seriousness, think about Wad Managers and Wad Files as conservative projects for the Nintendo Wii.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: :whip: